Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fish On  (Read 3056 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Fish On
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »

This is a video from 1988 I filmed and help produce for the Fraser Valley Salmon Society. I just uploaded it to my u tube channel from one of my old VHS tapes. Some of you may have seen it before

So good to see the excellent times so many had in those days bar fishing the Fraser River. Bar fishing on the weekend at those "Tent Cities" were certainly great days.

You may recognize some of the Chilliwack movie stars including Fred Helmer Jr, Rick, Herb and Mr Hill. The interview part of the video we did in one take too!!

I feel it is good to preserve these old tapes before they become unwatchable.

https://youtu.be/JkdhhARWMeY

yoda

Re: Fish On
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:34:31 PM »

Thank's Chris for that clip. It brought back so many good memories of our trips with neighbors and family kids to that location. Was a lot of fun ! I seem to remember eating a lot of hot dogs on those trips. I think at that time Dave from mission fishin had the only jet boat on the fraser.

ribolovac02

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »

I never lived in this beautiful country back then, but life was sure different than it is now, that's a an absolute great video for young generations to c , thanks Chris .

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:16:34 PM »

I never lived in this beautiful country back then, but life was sure different than it is now, that's a an absolute great video for young generations to c , thanks Chris .
It sure was rib! Wish I had some videos of the creek mouth fishing in May for springs on the Fraser back in the good old days. Both fisheries where awesome. You didn't get fish every time but the comraderie amongst the anglers was second to none!!!!!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »

It sure was rib! Wish I had some videos of the creek mouth fishing in May for springs on the Fraser back in the good old days. Both fisheries where awesome. You didn't get fish every time but the comraderie amongst the anglers was second to none!!!!!
I have some that I will upload when I find them, I have hundred's of old VHS tapes that I am slowly working through.

ribolovac02

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 08:34:38 PM »

I have some that I will upload when I find them, I have hundred's of old VHS tapes that I am slowly working through.
Thanks again , I might be very young ,  but I very much love the days of life used to be, not that it's not great now either ...

Quin

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »

Good to see this, looking forward to seeing more.
Was that Herb Krauser (not sure of the last name or spelling) with his old white and blue boat? (the fog of time, lol.)
Thanks for posting! :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:37:45 PM by Quin »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 07:29:40 AM »

Good to see this, looking forward to seeing more.
Was that Herb Krauser (not sure of the last name or spelling) with his old white and blue boat? (the fog of time, lol.)
Thanks for posting! :)
That is Herb, still lives in Chilliwack. He was such a key director of the Fraser Valley Salmon Society back then.