Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you coming to 2017 Chilliwack's All About Fishing on March 11th?

Yes!!! :D
- 7 (33.3%)
No... :(
- 5 (23.8%)
Maybe... :P
- 9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Chilliwack's All About Fishing, March 11th 2017  (Read 10657 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Chilliwack's All About Fishing, March 11th 2017
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »

Last year, my colleagues and I hosted the first annual Chilliwack's All About Fishing and the responses were excellent, so we are doing it once again. 😊 This year's event will take place on March 11th, at Chilliwack Heritage Park from 9:00am to 3:00pm. More information will be available as we plan it out. What you can expect from this year's event is that it will be much bigger as we are doubling the event floor size. If you'd like to help out this year, please let me know.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chilliwack's All About Fishing, March 11th 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »

Bump, we are less than one month until the event and things are coming together now. Volunteers are still welcome. We need volunteers to host various activities on event day etc.

Burbot

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 01:50:43 PM »

Why won't they fix up Sardis pond?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »

What would you liked fixed?  who are they? what has this to do with the original post?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »

Attend the event and ask the question. The people who can answer it should be there.

Apennock

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:59:42 AM »

Is there somewhere we can get more specific information about who and what will be there?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »

Is there somewhere we can get more specific information about who and what will be there?
I am sure Rodney will put more info up when everyone is confirmed. I am sure if you attend you and your family will enjoy the day very much. Over 2,000 did last year.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 07:43:11 PM »

Gibbs Delta Tackle has once again donated another awesome gift package for our main prize draw. When you come to the event this year, you'll be able to enter the draw and have a chance to win this, or one of the other really prizes. I'll be making announcements on other prizes in the near future.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

New to this year's event will be featured presentations by local angling experts! :) One of the presentations which you can look forward to, is the Fraser Valley coastal cutthroat trout fishery by two of the best anglers who you can ask. Nick Basok is a retired fish culturist who currently works at Chilliwack Dart and Tackle on weekends and collects broodstocks for Go Fish BC. Dean Worrall is the assistant manager at the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery, which is responsible for the hatchery coastal cutthroat trout program in Region 2. Together both are avid anglers and they know a lot about these trout! Definitely consider coming on March 11th if you'd like to attend this presentation. No pre-registration is required, all presentations are free just like the entire event!

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 08:18:43 AM »

I'd love to see a presentation on Fraser River bar fishing.  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »

There won't be a scheduled presentation on bar fishing, but Nick will have a booth setup on Fraser River bar fishing actually and you can spend as much time talking to him about it during the show! :D

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »

There won't be a scheduled presentation on bar fishing, but Nick will have a booth setup on Fraser River bar fishing actually and you can spend as much time talking to him about it during the show! :D

Fantastic!  This'll definitely make it worth the drive up!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »

Great! :)

I've volunteered myself to do a featured presentation, which I might regret later lol. ;D Since there will be millions of pink salmon coming back to the Fraser Valley later this year, it's only relevant to do an introductory presentation on pink salmon fishing. :)

The floor plan of the event is now completed, schedule of the presentations is being finalized, everything is coming together nicely now that we are two weeks until the event! :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

Great! :)

I've volunteered myself to do a featured presentation, which I might regret later lol. ;D Since there will be millions of pink salmon coming back to the Fraser Valley later this year, it's only relevant to do an introductory presentation on pink salmon fishing. :)

The floor plan of the event is now completed, schedule of the presentations is being finalized, everything is coming together nicely now that we are two weeks until the event! :)
Don't go near the flossing debate during your presentation. :P ;D

Thanks for all your work in setting this event up, I know it takes a lot of work to make it happen.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:31:40 PM by chris gadsden »