Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Line for 7 wt switch  (Read 3680 times)

swimmingwiththefishes

Line for 7 wt switch
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »

I just got a 7 echo sr.I want to both do some swinging with it in the summer and use it as an overhander for salmon. I would prefer to only have one line on it. Are any of the switch lines any good for this. would just a scandi work?

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
Re: Line for 7 wt switch
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »

I have two switches.

One has a Scandi line, one has a Rio switch chucker. I find I am able to work the Rio much more easily and get a better casting distance, if that's important to you.

My skill set is rudimentary at best, so ymmv...

robbo1970

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 04:52:19 AM »

I have an 8wt echo sr and use a Rio skagit compact. with the mow tips you can cover most depths of water or even put on a floating mow for a bit of dry fly.
I would take a look at opst's heads. I have one for my single hand 5wt and it casts great. Fire them off an email and they will send you there recommendations.

prairiefire

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »

Look into the Snowbee Prestige switch line. I've heard good things about it. Nile creek fly shop on the island carries them. It might fit your needs. It's fully integrated so it won't hinge if you want to strip in flies. Not sure how it is for swinging though. I plan on getting one for my switch.
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man