Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finally, Vedder Report September 28, 2016  (Read 6936 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Finally, Vedder Report September 28, 2016
« on: September 28, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »

It has been a long time I have gone this long without fresh fish and of course never buy a fish especially Fish Farmed ones. :P.

Have been hunting since early September and playing badminton in the senior games so had made only 3 attempts in the Vedder but today was able to have a few bites and landed the 3 I hooked, 2 chinook jacks, one clipped and a clipped coho salmon. Good to see the Maple Leaf DNE going down a few times again.

The bite was short, at first light, saw one good sized chinook taken and lots of shouting and excitement at another run.

Will be good to take some fresh fish on the deer hunting trip now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Finally, Vedder Report September 28, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:43:28 AM »

After yesterday's success not a bite this AM in 2 hours, flossers and long liners getting some. ::) ::)

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »

After yesterday's success not a bite this AM in 2 hours, flossers and long liners getting some. ::) ::)
Did you see anyone touch a fish with hardware?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »

Not today but yesterday. Chinooks rolling everywhere in the run today. Not one take down, yesterday, several. That's fishing trading rod and reel for the gun now, deer hunting time.

Hope someone else will file a report that is lacking these days. In the old days of this forum we used to get a lot more, what has happened? Reports built this forum to what it is today while other forums have slipped to the way side.

I have been guilty too, no secrets on the Chilliwack Vedder River.

lapa

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 12:09:22 PM »

Did you see anyone touch a fish with hardware?

Have the same question. Went 3 times using roe from store. Didn't have single fish on. Maybe my roe was not good :( but most likely I am bad fisherman ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »

Hope someone else will file a report that is lacking these days. In the old days of this forum we used to get a lot more, what has happened? Reports built this forum to what it is today while other forums have slipped to the way side.

I have been guilty too, no secrets on the Chilliwack Vedder River.

Too many internet police criticizing posters about location, long leaders, accusing of snagging, pictures etc.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 09:10:34 PM »

Thanks for the report & glad you caught some fish.

You use idiosyncratic terms for flossing like 'towing' or 'long lining'.

it would be good if you stopped referring to it as 'long lining'. Long Lining is a common term for spey fishing with long head  or double taper lines where spey anglers hold 70+ feet of line of the tip of the rod. These guys are certainly not 'flossing' as it's mostly done with floating lines and the act of casting this way has been compared to ballet.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

sbc hris

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »

Thanks for the report, I do enjoy reading them. No matter how brief or detailed.
And I can't blame anyone for not reporting anymore. There's sooo many little whiners on this forum that nit pick every little detail, of almost any report that isn't absolutely flawless, and another handful that just hate reports altogether. I don't think there is a problem with giving someone constructive and helpful critism on a report when it is needed, but 95% of the time these clowns just flame peole and try to publically humiliate them. I guess it makes them feel good? :o but all it does is stop people from posting reports, not from repeating their actions. My favourite is when someone posts a question or a report about a lesser known, more sensitive system; and instead of just quickly letting it die, with no responses, there are pages of people flaming the OP, all the while keeping the thread at the top of the list and accumulating views. Priceless. Flame on internet police ;) You are truly heroes in your own minds...

Rant off  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:16:46 AM by sbc hris »

Blackrt03

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 01:25:05 PM »

SBC, that was well said

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

vandenhooff

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 04:02:35 PM »

SBC, that was well said

x3...
uh-oh! I'm might get flamed for that reply

Tenz85

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 07:25:50 PM »

Was out last week after the rains and saw seveal coho schools pushing through the upper. Mostly tossing spoons and spinners and had a few followers but no takers.

Out for last light this past Tuesday on the upper and hooked into a darker chinook that I believe was a red. A few jumps and runs later it shook the hook but it was fun while it lasted. Tried the lower on Wednesday but no luck. New to me was the gravel extractions below KWB and the road closed down to the train bridge.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »

its still early.....lots of fish still holding in the fraser.......and yes very picky biters so far. Water is still low and very clear making harder to entice fish....even with fluorocarbon leaders. Good job on the coho chris.