Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208067 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Good to hear - was this below the crossing that visibility was already at 3 feet?
The canal was fine just now but water is bank to bank there. Inly a couple of chum for me, maybe at the tail end of the coho run in the Chilliwack Vedder, maybe I say that because I did not catch any.

The morning was not a bust though as a lovely day to be out there, spent some time cleaning up some garbage along the shoreline of the canal. Also spent some time float hunting and 24 more for the FVSS tackle sale in November.

Off to a 3 day Masters Badminton Tournament in Vancouver so someone will have to update conditions.

Hope the river holds for those that can only fish the weekend.

fishfinder

Good to hear - was this below the crossing that visibility was already at 3 feet?

It was above the Crossing. Water had some colour to it, but if we don't get any more rain tonight the water clarity should improve a lot.

b8floater

Quick little video for those that weren't able to make it to the river today, here's what it looks like https://youtu.be/VpK7R7FflQQ
Make sure you subscribe to my channel as I'll keep doing more of these in the future!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Good river condition this morning once again. Very cold with the Easterly breeze... Good bites in the first twenty minutes before it shut off again. Three wilds for me, but fresher looking for than last week so these must have just come in with the rain in the last couple of days.

mikeyman

Water was prime shape. Just not a lot of action. 2 hatchery coho and one fresh chum released.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Lower river looked beautiful - upper river already seems too clear.  One hatchery coho and a char for me before the bite shut off.  The fish seemed to be moving through quickly, but this was by far the freshest fish I've caught this season.  I was surprised the bite shut off like that even though the river had good color.  I was in the same spot yesterday mid afternoon and landed a wild coho, so I assumed they would bite all day.  Oh well.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Pretty clear water once again this morning. Good fishing briefly at first light.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Pretty clear water once again this morning. Good fishing briefly at first light.
Nothing for me, the coho season must be over. ;D ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Over for you. ;D A dozen yesterday, a few more today. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Over for you. ;D A dozen yesterday, a few more today. ;D
well you are fishing hardware, so that does not count. ;D And remember who got you started and took you to my hot spot in 2001, I have yet to get an invite. :D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Much like his hockey team ;)

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

was out today....water slowly going down and clarity is very good. tried for coho but chums were in the pools and fought them till my arms fell off. Got one wild after a thousand casts with a gibbs croc and called it a day. a bit breezy definately hoodie/jacket weather. Raining at the moment and rain expected for tommorrow if that hepls. ;D

pwn50m3 f15h3r

• What a great fish...

Any reports of bass in the vedder this year? Curious because I saw multiple reports of bass there last year on this site
Someone was here

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Any thoughts as to whether tonight's weather is good or bad for fishing tomorrow AM? Not sure what it takes to make it unfishworthy...

DanL

• Old Timer

Likely perfectly fine for tomorrow as there wont be nearly enough rain to blow it out.