Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208113 times)

fishallday

springs are still aggressive just gotta run super light poly leader and fish like thumb nail size pieces of roe.
life's short stunt it

mikeyman

Nope wont bite...dont go.

Taboo

It's a well known phenomenon that a fish will decrease in size by 40% the instant you take a picture of it.

I actually referred to the pic I took of it and wondered how on Earth I arrived at 14...still a beauty of a fish!

SilverChaser

My Dad landed his first coho in 7 years, yesterday morning. My brother landed his first ever this morning! They seem to be having fun.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

My Dad landed his first coho in 7 years, yesterday morning. My brother landed his first ever this morning! They seem to be having fun.

So glad to hear, congrats to your Dad and brother, Nice to see how proud you are of them.  Tight line.

TheLostSockeye

Are first nations aloud to fish the limit hole? I was out there looking at the hoards of cohos and springs when three gentlemen came up with fishing rods, and I politely told them they aren't aloud to fish here. I got the reply of "I'm first nations" and I just left it at that. They proceeded to bottom bounce with 10 ft of leader.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Many first nations individuals feel they are exempt from such regs, I think it's not up to us as individuals to decide if they are or not. Report it to RAPP or ORR if you want and leave it to them to decide to investigate and maybe issue citations.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

If in doubt, call DFO as Ralph suggested.  I believe FN are allowed to sport fish, but must follow the regulations.  Mind you, would you rather them fish there (where you can't fish anyway) or beside you in a run with that gear?

Rieber

• Old Timer

If you call in I would suggest not disclosing the individuals were FN, if you really would like the CO to investigate. I'm not saying the CO wouldn't attend if the report was against the FN, I'm just saying that information is not likely to motivate the CO into action. I suspect it's almost a frustrating waste of time for a CO to attend to a report of illegal FN fishing. Can you imagine the number of reports they receive against FN? Even if a ticket was issued, so you think anyone from FN would ever go to court over it, or ever pay a fine - not a chance.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

fished lower for a couple of hours throwing spoons/spinners. water was gin clear as they say. a couple of taps but no fish. the chum were definately making their presence today. rain coming soon....maybe get the urge to bite turned back on.

fishallday

lots of spring out there today, and the chums are definitely beginning to roll in its great
life's short stunt it

TheLostSockeye

Got checked by DFO and conservation officers today. Good to see them out checking people. One young officer said he was new to the area he looked age 30ish. Good to see some younger officers. He also asked me if " is anyone snagging out there ?" There wasnt

ribolovac02

That's so pathetic, you are telling me they can find people snagging on the VEDDER,wow just blows my mind,it's always the case checking people who fish corecttly and the other thousand or so who snag every day , just keep on snagging lol

NothingToSnagAbout

the chums are definitely beginning to roll in

A little early, no?

milo

• Old Timer

A little early, no?

For the bulk of them, yes. But I've caught chum in the Vedder as early as mid-September. Boy, were those fish ever chrome!