Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Commercials  (Read 14208 times)

Tangles

Re: Commercials
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 11:36:24 PM »

As I understand you're not a native BC person and possibly not a Canadian Citizen. If that's true I'd suggest you do a some contemplative study on your own
So this is a BC born Canadian Citizen ONLY forum, is that what you're saying?😂

TimL

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2016, 01:09:59 AM »

Then sadly many of us including me and Rod can't qualify then 😪😛

GordJ

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2016, 08:04:18 AM »

Or is he saying that the poster should take some time to research the facts behind the native issues before he proposes solutions?

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »

Pacific Salmon Commission
http://www.psc.org/FraserPnl/Status/FRP_Fraser_sockeye_pink_status.pdf

Seward Alaska? Not our fish.

Seems like the PSC has lots of data on Fraser fish but not much on other runs (skeena,Columbia etc) anyone know where to find catch escapement data for all of Westcoast fishery or different sources to determine total catch of FN/commercial/sport.

StillAqua

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2016, 08:54:32 AM »

Seems like the PSC has lots of data on Fraser fish but not much on other runs (skeena,Columbia etc) anyone know where to find catch escapement data for all of Westcoast fishery or different sources to determine total catch of FN/commercial/sport.

Not sure where First Nations catches are but comms and rec are here:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/stats/index-eng.html

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »

Or is he saying that the poster should take some time to research the facts behind the native issues before he proposes solutions?

DING! GordJ has the correct answer.

Better yet know and understand the history and legal facts before opening one's mouth and proving oneself to be an idiot.

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it
"
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »

Are you seriously going to keep ridiculing him on a message board?

No however I took him seriously and I don't anymore. Much the same with you.

Cheers! ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:30:17 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »

DING! GordJ has the correct answer.

Better yet know and understand the history and legal facts before opening one's mouth and proving oneself to be an idiot.

..."

To elaborate on that point, the rhetoric being thrown around here and on social media right now isn't helping the situation. To anyone outside the sport fishing community and to many of us within it, this does nothing but hurt the image of sport fishermen making us appear racist, uneducated, narcissistic and acting only in our own self interest.

Between our attitudes and the way we've been acting I can see why we aren't being taken seriously.

Actions speak louder than words.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 08:54:22 PM »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »

Alaska?

yeah possibly and maybe Siberia. Both produce way more sockeye than BC.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »

yeah possibly and maybe Siberia. Both produce way more sockeye than BC.

now do Fraser sockeye all mingle way out there, and are  they harvesting our fish ?

makes u wonder !

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2016, 10:19:34 PM »

both are mostly terminal fisheries (ie take place close to their natal rivers). IIRC Siberian fish tend to stay more in the Western North Pacific though is overlap. FWIW 70% of the Pacific Salmon biota in the North Pacific are Siberian pink salmon.

hrenya

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2016, 12:34:29 AM »

To elaborate on that point, the rhetoric being thrown around here and on social media right now isn't helping the situation. To anyone outside the sport fishing community and to many of us within it, this does nothing but hurt the image of sport fishermen making us appear racist, uneducated, narcissistic and acting only in our own self interest.

Between our attitudes and the way we've been acting I can see why we aren't being taken seriously.
I agree . Maybe some old grumpy will change his attitude or at least try to control himself , he is not the only one here . I`m not saying I`m perfect , but I`m willing to learn and fish legit , and if people like him will throw **** at me and my buds , maybe he should re-think ?! Instead of calling me "troll" and "idiot" maybe  he should guide me the right way ?! If you will do that to another few people of my age , which I consider young generation , what kind of fishing attitude you expect to come in the future ?!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2016, 10:04:41 AM »

I certainly haven't exhibited any racist, uneducated or narcissistic attitudes.  ;D