Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Commercials  (Read 14108 times)

hrenya

Re: Commercials
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 05:17:39 AM »

so where does fresh sockeye on craigslist come from ?!  ::) for 15$ a fish ?

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »

I don't do the Craigslist thing.
Do a screen shot and send it to DFO or RAPP.
Tell them your concerns.
It concerns me as well; unless there's an opening.

Lots of stolen (in some form or anothe)r on there.

My 2 cents.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:06:11 PM by Fish or cut bait. »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »

so where does fresh sockeye on craigslist come from ?!  ::) for 15$ a fish ?

troll.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

hrenya

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 05:26:58 PM »

see above.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

hrenya

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »

hrenya

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 05:28:56 PM »

what is your point ?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 05:33:46 PM »

many of your posts are trolls. That's the point.That's just trying to twist people into knots in a difficult situation

Frankly if those are native caught fish (caught in Yale)  so be it. I am fine with it.  If you don't like it follow Fish or Cut Bait's advice. BTW DFO probably checks these out anyway.

Sockeye at $10 to $15 a fish is common if you buy it right off the boat. I bought Alberni fish @ $20 in early July and that included the packing shipping costs to Vancouver. 

hrenya

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 05:40:47 PM »

many of your posts are trolls. That's the point.That's just trying to twist people into knots in a difficult situation

Frankly if those are native caught fish (caught in Yale)  so be it. I am fine with it.  If you don't like it follow Fish or Cut Bait's advice. BTW DFO probably checks these out anyway.

Sockeye at $10 to $15 a fish is common if you buy it right off the boat. I bought Alberni fish @ $20 in early July and that included the packing shipping costs to Vancouver.
so which knot am I twisting by asking "where are they coming from" , and after u calling me "troll" , I gave u straight link to source ... u still trying to call me troll ... so if u are ok ok with buying sockeye for 10-15$ fresh off boat , why so many cases are lost in courts ? :) commys got no openings ..... so is that really "food" that is so required for rituals and and etc .... ? or ?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »

As I understand you're not a native BC person and possibly not a Canadian Citizen. If that's true I'd suggest you do a some contemplative study on your own rather than provoke arguments with purple rhetoric & what are often half truths & distortions even someone like me provides you with information you clearly lack. That's what I mean by trolling.

1st Nations people in Canada once owned this country from one end to the other east and west and north and south. That is recognized in all Canadian documents and in our constitution which was put into law about 30 years ago. 

Just over 100 years ago they had virtually everything taken away and lost everything & that wrong has only lately started to be corrected. Governments, our neighborhoods and our courts are still trying to figure how it is all going to work.

As to your reference to 'cases lost in courts' - the courts all over Canada have found 1st nations are entitled to a make a reasonable living off the food items they gather from the land and water. That has been confirmed even when 1st Nations were convicted of fishing contrary to regulations - convicted because they caught too much not because they simply caught and sold some fish.

hrenya

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 03:59:24 AM »

Ralph , I don't understand why are so angry and mean ? Forums meant for discussions and asking question .
As per this topic I just simply asked where does the fish comes from , I had received answer . Here coming you and start calling me troll in this post . where is logic ?
As per other topic , I just shared my knowledge about reserve by mouth of that river , and "fish low tide , run away on high" was clearly understood by guy who started that topic as he agrees that low tide is the best . Read more careful about "extreme" conditions while fishing there , and think "is it really a good idea to go and ask permission to fish on their side?" .
So I clearly can`t understand what do expect ?! I don`t provoke anyone , I NEVER meant to hurt anybody`s feeling . Now back to more trolling .
I can`t imagine how much impact and damage me and guys like me would do by bar fishing tidal fraser with 1 or 2 BARBLESS hooks to sockeye (I would say chances 1 to 1 000 000) , I`ve talk to quite a few oldtimers around , very very odd cases over last 20 years . Chances to catch spring a bit more higher but stil that`s pretty rare . And when I say tidal fraser I don't include Banana area where you can troll ...  So where is logic here ?!
I`m just trying to discuss this situation with people .
As Aaron mentioned I might have problems with English and sometimes we can miscommunicate , but I don't think that`s a reason to call me troll . If you calmed down and willing to continue discussion with respect to your opponent , I would love to continue .

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 06:58:10 AM »

Now back to more trolling .
I can`t imagine how much impact and damage me and guys like me would do by bar fishing tidal fraser with 1 or 2 BARBLESS hooks to sockeye (I would say chances 1 to 1 000 000) , I`ve talk to quite a few oldtimers around , very very odd cases over last 20 years . Chances to catch spring a bit more higher but stil that`s pretty rare . And when I say tidal fraser I don't include Banana area where you can troll ...  So where is logic here ?!

Well my friendly troll, answers have been given. Why keep asking the same question? Are you perhaps just looking for someone to give the answer you desire regardless if it is a good answer or not?

Ever heard the old homily "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference".

You need to work on that.

Another piece of advice - there is more folklore, bigotry and outright fabricated lies circulated on fishery issues. You're far better off to do your own research rather than rely on the scuttlebutt of friends and 'old timers'.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:05:03 PM by RalphH »

Tylsie

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »

I don't understand the reluctance to answer the questions. The courts have ruled to allow 2 types of openings for First Nations, FSC and commercial. There has been no commercial openings on the Fraser this year so they cannot legally sell the fish. Also, there has been no FSC openings in almost a week so any fish that are "fresh off the boat" now are illegally caught.

I am bear no grudge against the Natives, and if they can make a living selling legally caught salmon for $15 then great. But to fish illegally, sell fish illegally, and to ignore the threat to the extremely endangered run then I get upset. They are conducting an illegal commercial fishery and the law is not being enforced.

StillAqua

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 12:24:08 PM »

I don't understand the reluctance to answer the questions. The courts have ruled to allow 2 types of openings for First Nations, FSC and commercial. There has been no commercial openings on the Fraser this year so they cannot legally sell the fish. Also, there has been no FSC openings in almost a week so any fish that are "fresh off the boat" now are illegally caught.

I am bear no grudge against the Natives, and if they can make a living selling legally caught salmon for $15 then great. But to fish illegally, sell fish illegally, and to ignore the threat to the extremely endangered run then I get upset. They are conducting an illegal commercial fishery and the law is not being enforced.

Not necessarily. If it's a non-native poacher stupid enough to advertise on CL, throw the book at him. If it's a Native fishing outside of their bands FSC allotment, throw the book at them.

But if it's a Native fisher selling part or all of his share of the bands FSC allotment (there are FSC openings in the Fraser right now), that part of the law is in doubt due to the BC Supreme Court decision regarding the Nuu Chal Nuth's right to fish and sell fish on Vancouver Island. It's likely the courts would dismiss any charges in the latter case and similarly rule in favour of the Fraser River band's historic rights to fish and sell fish. The Hudson Bay Co. has excellent records detailing their historic bargaining with the Fraser River natives for salmon so it may be a can of worms DFO doesn't want to open on the Fraser.

hrenya

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 08:07:54 PM »

Ty a lot for new info StillAqua , its really something new to me ...