Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: August 1, 2016 Fraser River opening  (Read 5431 times)

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
August 1, 2016 Fraser River opening
« on: August 01, 2016, 08:11:35 PM »

With protest fishery and all the righteous discussions going on, could we not get back to actually reporting fishing conditions, tips and other educational informative discussions? It really would be refreshing to have fishing discussions on a fishing site.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: August 1, 2016 Fraser River opening
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »

Visibility on the Fraser was around a foot today, not good for bar fishing. I find 18 inches is needed for starters. Will improve when the thunderstorms stop in the Fraser Watershed. The rain is good for the fish though as it should help keep the water a bit cooler for this time of year.

vandenhooff

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

With protest fishery and all the righteous discussions going on, could we not get back to actually reporting fishing conditions, tips and other educational informative discussions? It really would be refreshing to have fishing discussions on a fishing site.

Well said. I completely agree.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »

Didn't see alot of action at Gill and there abouts . Alot of noise polution  >:(with people rippin up the place with 4x4's w/open headers etc .
Anyway ,tried a variation of color S&Glows to no avail . Anchored out at a different spot and tossed in the B/Rod #5 spinner . All bar rods out as far as I could see there  :) . Jumped in for a swim to cool off  :P . Great to be on the river again besides the ripp raff spittin boulders . Good to have a boat to get away from it .
Happy fishin everyone  ;D
Sorry , I had this in the wrong place . Should have been here 
on the reports page . I had it in the General Dis. My bad.
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

odesseus

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »

Pretty slow day on the river. Unnamed bar - 30 lines in the water and only saw two sockeyes pulled. Heard there was a lot of netting going on past few days that may have contributed.

Perfect weather however. A great day out.

nosey

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »

I've put in about 16 hrs of great bird watching so far. But i did hear of one beached down around Rosedale. Water clarity is just on the cusp, I've caught them in dirtier water but prefer cleaner.

odesseus

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 11:20:15 AM »

Clarity really is starting to get there now - another week should be primetime bar fishing.