Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River  (Read 8841 times)

tworivers

Re: Chehalis River
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »

As most will not put the effort in or venture below the log jam, there are those that go off the beaten track to find new water and explore.
And sometimes what they find (as had hohartmann), very disturbing.
This debris pile, a limitation of public access, and the posting of No Trespassing signs will stop most anglers to further explore the area in pursuit of angling experiences. And in so doing, will allow these types of fishing activities to go on unabated!
But really, what else is new?  :(

hohartmann

Re: Chehalis River
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »

I absolutely enjoy the adventure behind it and pursuing new water when it doesn't lead to what it had in a situation like this. The thing that I now question is what chance do recreational anglers have at fish in this system. The comment from the hatchery working stating that the hatchery channel doesn't connect with the main river is something new to me. Can anyone provide any information on this? That being said, the net in the river is stopping the majority of the fish moving up the main system, while regulations state that the hatchery outflow cannot be fished above the confluence with chehalis/Harrison Rivers. What interest will this system have from a recreational anglers perspective?