Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hathaway lake  (Read 3527 times)

bmynbr

Hathaway lake
« on: August 11, 2016, 02:23:05 PM »

Hey guys, I am heading to Hathaway lake for the sept long weekend and want to do some fishing. I will have a canoe. What is the best technique to use there. I have all kinds of rods, and can bring a Downrigger if needed.  Thanks guys

P.S.  If anyone wants to tell me where their favorite spot on the lake is, that would be awesome too 😜

Thanks, Dave

bmynbr

Re: Hathaway lake
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:27:34 AM »

Anyone have any tips for caribou lakes in general? 
Thanks, Dave.

poper

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »

You should do pretty good trolling flys, leech patterns work great, cronimid fishing was good as well or balenced leech, give French lake a shot if you got time. May be worth a shot, :)

Curto

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:37:27 PM »

I fished Hathaway last summer, and this past weekend was up at Deka and Sulphurous. Only managed one kokanee in Deka. There are lots of lakers and bows to be had in Hathaway (Sulphurous is across the road and a great option as well!). We use lead core line and adjust our depth accordingly. I find that Kokanee king, Dick nite, and even small croc's seem to produce pretty well. The lakers are really aggressive up there. Last year we caught a burbot in early September on a dark cloudy day, wish I knew more about them at the time. I did find there are lots of pikeminnow in the shallows but when you get to the deep end of Hathaway you'll find a healthy population of Lakers; rainbows tend to be a little closer to the surface, 15-30 feet down. Best of luck, don't get caught out there in a storm!