Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River summer salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 34232 times)

grayman

Has anyone been out lately?

Stuck at work so I'm trying to live vicariously through those that can get out.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Gave it one last go for a few hours on Saturday because my daughter really wanted to go.  She had fun practicing her casting, but that was all we accomplished.  Saw one boot on the bank and one tail hooked, but that was it.  This run, small as it was, is done for the season.  Also, the river is waay too low and clear.  I really hope we get some rain around the beginning of September.

grayman

Gave it one last go for a few hours on Saturday because my daughter really wanted to go.  She had fun practicing her casting, but that was all we accomplished.  Saw one boot on the bank and one tail hooked, but that was it.  This run, small as it was, is done for the season.  Also, the river is waay too low and clear.  I really hope we get some rain around the beginning of September.

Sorry to hear that, but hey, at least you got out!  I've been out only 3 times so far and got skunked all three times.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

If they want to keep their spots a secret, that's cool.  The lying part would be what I don't appreciate because it causes people to waste their time unnecessary.

Then don't read Internet forums. You post it on here, and next time you go there, it's full of idiots.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

Lower, mid or upper?  I only ask because I've been out there twice in the last 2 weeks and I've only seen 1 school and 1 salmon jump.  I plan on heading out again this weekend and I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where to concentrate my efforts.

They're going to all be the same right now, not a whole lot of action. We need rain, lots of rain, and it's still really early.

You're lucky you saw the school and jumper.

grayman

Then don't read Internet forums. You post it on here, and next time you go there, it's full of idiots.

PM's work wonders.

dobrolub

It looks like the river is at its lowest levels since Water Level recording began in 2011. The next lowest value is about 1.55 which occurred on Oct 11, 2012.

The level is clocking at 1.28 today.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

It looks like the river is at its lowest levels since Water Level recording began in 2011. The next lowest value is about 1.55 which occurred on Oct 11, 2012.

The level is clocking at 1.28 today.

Has anyone checked the temp lately?  I wonder if we will be faced with a closure before the season starts.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

The rain will be here soon enough and then we will be talking about the river being blown out... ;)

CohoJake

• Old Timer

The rain will be here soon enough and then we will be talking about the river being blown out... ;)

I hope so.  I see 3 days of showers in the forecast starting on Monday, I hope it is more than a few drops!

dobrolub

Yep, need the rain. I drove along the Fraser yesterday and the water looked just beautiful, so clear and nice in colour. Amazing.

grayman

Anyone manage to head out this weekend?

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Well, with today's announcement about the Fraser likely being closed for a couple more weeks, it looks like Vedder will be even busier than normal.  May as well start the Fall 2016 water conditions thread now!  I've been watching the water levels already with this rain, looks like it got about a 10 cm bump yesterday in the lower river but it has already dropped half of that.  Hopefully we get a some more rain before the weekend . . .

Dave

• Old Timer

And to add to the crowds I saw a few coho at the hatchery this morning.  You can tell I have stopped fishing, right ;D

dobrolub

I think this thread needs to die and not come back again.