Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis car window breaking  (Read 14171 times)

doja

Re: Chehalis car window breaking
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »

I had my trailer plate stolen at the Alouette trailer lot. Don't really know how to prevent that but you might take a glance back for yours before you leave there. Cops noticed mine was missing on my drive home.

Weld it...

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 03:51:55 PM »

Welding aluminum to steel is no small feat.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »

Clarki will come build one for you....
I don't think he quite appreciates you volunteering him, but that's not for me to decide

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

Oh, it was in Jest.  With the densification in the populous areas, detached garages come with older homes or acreage.  Not  really a choice for many these days.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:00:00 PM by Fish or cut bait. »

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »

I had my trailer plate stolen at the Alouette trailer lot. Don't really know how to prevent that but you might take a glance back for yours before you leave there. Cops noticed mine was missing on my drive home.

My neighbor puts the plates on with screws (not hex nuts) and puts epoxy into the Phillips head on the screw - nothing will completely stop a thief but making it more difficult will often deter them (from stealing your stuff at least).
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

doja

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »

My neighbor puts the plates on with screws (not hex nuts) and puts epoxy into the Phillips head on the screw - nothing will completely stop a thief but making it more difficult will often deter them (from stealing your stuff at least).

Pretty easy to remove with a pair of pliers....

Maybe glue a bunch of screw heads to it making it look like it is insanely attached and not worth it....  Lol.  The fact it is so marked up would deter them for sure...

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »

Oh, it was in Jest.  With the densification in the populous areas, detached garages come with older homes or acreage.  Not  really a choice for many these days.

;D you didn't notice that both clarki and myself (clarkii) commented on this thread did you?

My old car had screws missing so the ones I got from the store were weird, a flathead screwdrive was needed but it was designed in a way you could only tighten the screws with the flathead screwdriver, and too back them off you needed a special tool.

andrewscag

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2016, 08:51:51 AM »

That's worth a shot.  There will at least be easier plates on the lot to steal that way.  Think I'll draw the line at welding it on.  Thanks gents!

Walleye76

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 08:20:08 AM »

They do make license plate locks as well as security screws/bolts that sell for under $20 btw
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:22:07 AM by Walleye76 »

grayman

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »

You know there are these inventions which make sure the thieves cannot enter your home through garages?

They are called detached garages

It is always a good idea to lock the door that separates the garage and the residence as well.

grayman

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »

So fellow fishers,
I thought it only happened to other people but reality set it yesterday and it happened to me.
Screwdriver to pry and bust side window to steal a swack of change from counsel and window cleaner then worked their way to back trunk to take redington sonic pro jacket, salomon runners and to add insult to injury, my JEANS.
Other side of bridge in lot on the left.
My insurance company suggests there were 10 claims last year from there.
It was a smash and grab. I posted this only to let ppl know that it doesn't matter if your car is clear of belongings, it is still subject to vandalism. In the long run they did shy of $1600 damage.
P.S. I saw a newer black Ford black pickup come and go all in 4 mins while fishing.

First world problems I must admit but none the less an downer after a wonderful day on the river.

Tight lines.

Make sure you report to the local police so they can track it.  If no one reports it, the police won't know that there is a problem in the area.  If a lot of theft from vehicles are reported from an area, they may decide to set up on that area to catch the thieves.

Shinny

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »

A couple years back the car breakins got pretty bad at chehalis...particulariy between the times of 4am and 8am pretty consistantly. After one guys truck got broken into multiple times they (himself and a couple other fisherman) decided to take matters into thier own hands. They parked thier trucks at a spot where alot of the breakins were occuring and waited in the bushes.... You can probably figure out where this is going... Two dirtballs showed up and were attempting to break into a vehicle. Well those two guys got the crap kicked out of them pretty bad...actually really bad, within an inch of thier lives bad. Word got around in the dirtball car thief club pretty quick and the breakins pretty much stopped for a long while.  Not saying that is the answer but it was pretty effective at greatly reducing the breakins. Cops really dont care about breakins on rivers anyways....harrison hot springs has like 4 rcmp officers or something like that. They arent going to station an officer at chehalis trying to stop thiefs... Ticketing people failing to stop at the 4 way in town generates much more revenue.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:26:25 PM by Shinny »