Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Lake  (Read 4022 times)

Speyfitter

Alouette Lake
« on: April 18, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »

Anyone having any luck in Alouette Lake these days for Kokanee and/or Lake Trout? Heading out possibly this weekend...

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: Alouette Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:01:48 AM »

Got skunked three weeks ago, and again two weeks ago.

Worms, cured shrimp, drifted, trolled on wedding bands and other small gear.  Tried shallow, deep.  Hit all the creek mouths, lost one 10"er at the narrows.  Went all the way to the north end, nadda.

I gave up on trying for trout and kokanee, so I put on the biggest jetdiver available with a big apex and went for a bull.  Not a sniff.

Saw a few other boats out there, didn't see any fish caught.  It seems like you will either be there when its turned on, or not.

It was beautiful out there, and not many boats on the water.  That will change by this weekend.

poper

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »

Give stave a shot,seems more active this time of year,Alouette seems to pick up in may and June,the waters a little low to get to the main stem of stave lake, but if you follow the bouys you will be fine, and fishing was pretty good.

andrewscag

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 07:11:20 PM »

I was out Friday.  No kokanee, one bull trout released, not a lot marked on the finder.  Water is still a bit cold at 12* I think.  I'm going to give it another week or two.

bmynbr

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »

Was out there today.  Only got one fish, and it was a pike minnow.  Was trolling wedding bands and willow leafs.  Question.  How fast do you normally troll.  I was anywhere from about 1.5 to 2.5km hr today.  Also do you use any weight at all or just get the gear way behind the boat?  I never have any luck on that lake. 
Thanks, Dave

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »

Was out there today.  Only got one fish, and it was a pike minnow.  Was trolling wedding bands and willow leafs.  Question.  How fast do you normally troll.  I was anywhere from about 1.5 to 2.5km hr today.  Also do you use any weight at all or just get the gear way behind the boat?  I never have any luck on that lake. 
Thanks, Dave

For me I have luck trolling .9 mph - 1.3 mph. I will start the day at 65 pulls, if action is good I only put it out 40 pulls. The blades should be making full revolutions, make them stall and speed up as you zig zag during your troll. Rod tips straight out the side of your boat to aplify the effect, bow motors don't work for this. No wieght this time of year, as it warms up to mid July I will add up to 2 oz. or 2 colours of lead line.