Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River......lower, mid or upper  (Read 1590 times)

DC1980

Vedder River......lower, mid or upper
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »

Hey Guys.

Let me start by saying I am not looking for any specific spots here.  I don't fish the vedder much.  When I do get the chance to get out I am always battling the question of where to go......I am sure most guys are.  How do you guys make the decision on what part of the river to start at for the day.  For example I am planning on going tomorrow morning.  The river has been low and there hasn't been much rain in the last 10 days or so......at least not enough for a big push of fish to move in.......sooo maybe upper would be a better idea.  I figure high tide should be around 9am tomorrow so maybe some fresh fish will move in with the tide and the lower could be good......I have been at the KWB in the middle of October one year and there was no one in sight so it's times like that where I think I should be looking at more variables.

I know lots will say trial and error and I am trying that but also thought it could be good to discuss with some more experienced anglers.....maybe speed up the learning curve.

Thx