Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Boat, where to fish?  (Read 3722 times)

Shootum

• I'm a llama!
No Boat, where to fish?
« on: July 19, 2004, 03:47:21 PM »

I am new to fishing and would like some advise as to some places to go fishing in the lower mainland.  I am in Burnaby so something close would be  cool.  I also don't have a  boat so I was thinking more about fishing from the shore or from docks.  

any good places to start that wouldn't require a boat?   ???

Aurora

Re:No Boat, where to fish?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 05:56:42 PM »

What kind of fishing are you interested in?  Sockeye, spring, trout etc.......  

If you scan through the postings in this forum you should get a great view of what is available.  

Cheers,
:)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 12:54:46 AM »

If it is only a pastime, then there are many locations around here. Scan through the article archives, go under fishing locations and you'll find a few. If you are looking into catching the odd fish to eat, then it would be better to head towards the Fraser Valley, especially during the salmon season in October and November.

Shootum

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 10:04:07 AM »

I wish that I could tell you that I new what I wanted to fish for, but I am just starting so I am open...

This is just a passtime till I figure stuff out so I will take a look at the suggestions made and go from there.  Thanks.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 11:01:13 AM »

I will assume you have a car. Aside from fishing from your backyard (Burnaby Lake as Max has suggested), I will recommend the Lower Fraser Bars such as Brownsville, Tannery Road, Surrey, Richmond Bars (see article from Rodney). It's fairly easy, cheap and you will catch fish.

Shootum

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 10:28:11 AM »

I started to look through the articles on Sasamat lake and tried to get to one of the links on how to setup a float rig but the link is dead.  It was going to "/fishing_sasamat.html".  Do you know what article might have replaced it?

I was really looking to find out how to set up my line.  where do you place the hook, weight, etc.  distance, order and anything else?  Its hard to tell from the original article but am not sure of a good setup that I can use.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod