Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trout lakes and rivers  (Read 2980 times)

fishallday

trout lakes and rivers
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »

hey guys I was just looking for some advise on some good early season trout spots that are around the lower main land.
life's short stunt it

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: trout lakes and rivers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »

Urban lake catchable rainbow trout stockings are scheduled to begin in just over a week from now. In the meantime, Hicks Lake, Kawkawa Lake, Cultus Lake are all excellent options for catching rainbow trout, cutthroat trout and kokanee.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »

hey guys I was just looking for some advise on some good early season trout spots that are around the lower main land.

Buntzen Lake, Sasamat lake are good for both trout and kokanee.

fish fear me

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:33:39 PM »

was at bunzen lake last weekend tons of peamouth chub bitting did get one trout though was fishing deli shrimp under a float. I've only ever seen one kokanee caught at bunzen and none at sasamat though. is there a good fishery for them there? I've wanted to catch one for a while but never had the time to go out to one of the better known kokanee fisheries like kawkawa lake.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 07:58:47 AM »

If you want Kokanee locally then head to Kawkawa or Allouette for your best chances.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 09:03:09 AM »

I've never heard of kokanee in Sasamat. Buntzen had great kokanee fishing at the North end back in the early & mid-70s - they were of course small - 8 to 10 inches but my father and I got 1 to 2 dozen some days trolling small red flies on the surface in the current from the Coquitlam hydro tunnel.

I think kokanee were stocked into Buntzen going back to the 50s but I have no idea if they established a self sustaining population.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.