Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trolling motor circuit breaker  (Read 9714 times)

Electroman

Re: Trolling motor circuit breaker
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 04:53:18 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it then. Just be careful with your battery, they have a lot of jam in them.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 12:06:43 PM »

I've bashed rocks so hard my minn kota prop broke.  I've had it so bunged up with weeds that I have had to take off the prop and that plastic cover to free it up.

Like others have said.  Just pay attention and not run it when you suspect it is tangled up.  Take of the weeds and away you go.

As a person who bass fished a lot, I went through some thick stuff without any issue.  I still have the first minn kota (24lb) that I bought when I was 12 years old.  Works perfectly.  I also have a 55lb and a 74lb (24v, bow mount).

FishOn36

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »

I've bashed rocks so hard my minn kota prop broke.  I've had it so bunged up with weeds that I have had to take off the prop and that plastic cover to free it up.

Like others have said.  Just pay attention and not run it when you suspect it is tangled up.  Take of the weeds and away you go.

As a person who bass fished a lot, I went through some thick stuff without any issue.  I still have the first minn kota (24lb) that I bought when I was 12 years old.  Works perfectly.  I also have a 55lb and a 74lb (24v, bow mount).

Good to know, thanks.

I am kinda leaning towards that Minn Kota Battery power center, only because of its features. The battery meter and built in breaker is nice. Also auxiliary plug(s) for a fish finder or whatnot. Nice thing about that too, is it's all in the battery box as ShaunO stated.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »

;If

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »

Whatever floats your boat!

Enjoy!