Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thoughts on "bassboat" style of jon.  (Read 6553 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
Re: Thoughts on "bassboat" style of jon.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 05:36:03 AM »

The bunks are nice. I made some for my trailer using some U bolts, angle iron and a couple of 2x4 wrapped in old carpet. Works great and very strong.

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: Thoughts on "bassboat" style of jon.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 12:31:21 PM »

Thanks Guys.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to receving it.  My Uship auction was successful at a decent frieght, the trucker has been in contact with the seller and it should be on its way in a day or two.  I think I have all my ducks in a row for crossing the boarder.  A bit nervous about that.

There's a better look at the bunks.  Given the hull shape it seems like this will keep it nice and snug when on the road, and easy to 'centre' on the trailer.

Can't wait to let her rip.  I'm also a big fan of those bomb proof Yamaha 2 strokes.  Light and powerful.  I should be able to get it around 40mph, lol.  Too fast for the river for sure.  But could be fun to open it up on calm water in a lake.

The wife ain't too happy about this as she wants something more 'fish and ski' so I might only have this for one season.  I will keep my eyes out of something with a deeper V and bow fill in cushions...hard to find and with the dollar in the toilet perhaps a lost cause.