Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What would you do...  (Read 5925 times)

BananasQ

Re: What would you do...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 09:58:00 AM »

Someone saying that the bank should eat the cost if an error was in by the bank -What a shame to hear such non-sense comment.  I  wish the best for our next generation. 

Hi paulj - that comment was mine.  Do not worry too much about the future generation, I can give a precise example of where Jysk delivered me a mattress last year and forgot to charge me for it; I could have happily pocketed a grand but I followed up with them and did the right thing. Jysk is a smaller retailer and that is not a small matter for them.  However, banks, especially US banks have received multi trillion dollar bail outs and make billions in profit every year. RBC made over $10 billion in profit in 2015. I think we can agree to disagree on this one, but with banks charging to hold our money, not pay any real interest, overdraft and credit card fees, get caught assisting money laundering (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hsbc-probe-idUSBRE8BA05M20121211), etc. then yeah, I am okay if some bank somewhere bought one of us a boat. I don't want to go down this rat-hole though, so lets agree to disagree and I applaud your superior moral stance than mine. :)

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »

Anyhoo...

I have left him a VM and EM.  I will see what happens from here.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 09:26:20 PM »

The fact that you posted that it is bothering you should have been enough.
You know whats right and wrong.
Glad you did the right thing. Your conscience will thank you for it.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 10:48:09 PM »

The fact that you posted that it is bothering you should have been enough.
You know whats right and wrong.
Glad you did the right thing. Your conscience will thank you for it.

X2
The fact that you already registered the title by Transport Canada and have all the docs, should take away the ownership concerns. Good on you that you reached out to the seller. No matter if you hear back from him or not, you can now have a good night sleep. :)

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 12:44:08 PM »

Update -

He responded to my email letting him know that the money is still in my account.  He said "my bank told me that they was no account number and the check has been returned to me, I figured I had been the victim of internet fraud, please advise".

Ummm, okay.  The cheque is a normal cheque.  Printed off by my local branch of the bank I WORK FOR.

He never reached out to me or anything.  Sounds like his bank didn't know how to read a Canadian cheque (?) and he never got around to reaching out to me.  I will put a stop payment on the cheque and do an email money transfer for something.  Now I'm scared that if I do a money order, that I might be SOL if something like this happens again, if the money order gets lost in transit etc...

At any rate, I will figure something out and get him his money.

The only reason I sent a cheque in the first place was because he said doesn't do paypal.