Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wading Jacket  (Read 38380 times)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
Re: Wading Jacket
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »

For the gang that is complaining about water running down your arms from casting the 2 handed starvation stick during a rainfall. Try picking up a couple pairs of sweatbands for your wrists then tighten your cuffs around the sweatband. When soaked change out or a dry pair!

This works.

15 years and counting for my Simms Guide jacket. I have a new one sitting in a box just waiting for the first outing. Still square tails to land with old faithful!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »

What about when the rain comes through the jacket EVERYWHERE   :'( :'( :'(

You buy a new jacket. A different brand and model.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2016, 12:40:29 AM »

You buy a new jacket. A different brand and model.

Which is what I'm doing (because I can't afford Simms stuff), I'm still thinking of sending it back and see what they say
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2016, 08:15:29 AM »

Anyone need a cheap back-up or spare (rain jacket), Frogg Toggs has one on sale (friend uses one and says it works great) for $9.99!! (normally $29.99) - US of course.
http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/mens-jackets-all-weather/all-purpose-mens-rain-jacket.html

Also 9.99 (change the color to black, the price changes to $9.99)
http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/mens-jackets-all-weather/frogg-toggs-pro-lite-jacket.html

Change the color to black/red this one goes from $70 to $30
http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/mens-jackets-all-weather/toad-rage-2-jacket.html

a few other deals there too.....
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »

Based upon the comments in this thread, last November I bought a Froggs Toggs Hellbender wading jacket. It got use in the light rain a few times in the past year, but in early November of this year I was fishing in a solid heavy rain for 2-3 hours. I had the hood up, the neoprene cuffs cinched tight, but both sleeves of my sweater were soaked from armpit to wrist.

I emailed Froggs Toggs, explained the circumstances and expressed my disappointment with the product. I got an immediate reply and was asked to ship the jacket back for a warranty inspection. Then a couple of days later I got a second email saying that they were just going to replace the jacket and send me a new one. They wouldn't have my size available until Spring, 2017 and would ship it out then, and was I OK with that? I was/am.

Now, we'll see what happens in the spring, but I was very impressed with the offer to replace the jacket sight unseen, and based upon my word. Heck, I even think they are going ship it to my home and save me a trip to a US freight forwarder. 

Very satisfied with the unexpected level of service.                 

So I thought I would close the loop on this story...with an unexpected twist.

So to re-cap, in the Fall, 2016 I got quite wet in a heavy rainfall, and I expected my Froggs Toggs jacket to perform better. I inquired with their warranty department and they offered outright to send me a replacement jacket in the spring of 2017.

May 19, 2017: the jacket hadn't arrived so I sent a follow up email.

November 17, 2017: no reply so a second follow up email.

November 27, 2017: No reply, so this time I sent a my third follow up email from a different email account.

November 28, 2017: Immediate reply from Froggs Toggs

December 1, 2017 AM: after a few back and forth emails, the agent advises that she has ordered the replacement jacket.   

December 1, 2017 PM: a wading jacket arrives at my front door via courier. I am stunned. How can it come from Alabama in just mere hours? I check the shipping documents. It was shipped Nov 21. So apparently it was shipped after my follow up email of Nov 17... but they were lacking on internal communication

December 1, 2017 PM: I email back the agent and reply that a jacket just arrived, and I don't need two replacement jackets, so to cancel the order for the second replacement jacket.

December 4th, 2017: the agent replies that the jacket has already been shipped. She requests when the jacket arrives to refuse the delivery.

December 18, 2017: the second jacket arrives when I am not home so it is left at the front door. Now I have two replacement jackets.

January 8, 2018 AM: I email Froggs Toggs to advise the I was unable to refuse the delivery of the second jacket and now I have it. I ask how I can return it at no cost to myself, or should I just keep it.

January 8, 2018 AM: The agent replies "Due to confusion and not being able to cancel the order and you living in Canada. It would be easier for you to keep the item"

So while I can fault Froggs Toggs for their internal communication, I can't fault them for their customer services once they got on it.

Now what on earth will I do with 3 Froggs Toggs wading jackets. One slightly used and 2 brand new :)

96XJ

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2018, 03:57:18 PM »

I guess we finally got the answer to the age old question " how many Frogg Togg jackets does it take to keep you dry ? "

Silex-user

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »

My Frogg Togg Pilot II Guide jacket is year old and it being amazing that it kept me dry when fishing heavy rain outing. Before I always worn H H rain jacket and the rain waters always soaked through it. Love my Frogg Togg. Got through Amazon.

Silex user