Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nice!  (Read 29502 times)

SPEYMAN

Re: Nice!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »

Two things come to mind.....Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

Beating your head against a brick wall only feels good when you stop.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »

Two things come to mind.....Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

Beating your head against a brick wall only feels good when you stop.

LOL ;D
http://

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »

You're wrong Steve, get over yourself and move on buddy. Stick to biology because law obviously isn't your strong suit. I asked the pertinent questions and off the record opinion of a legal expert - on a hypothetical situation. You didn't like what the response was, everyone gets that.And as to who gets the black eye? It has nothing to do with what the laws of the land, our opinions or public sentiment. But do feel free to carry on.

Wrong about what?  If I am so wrong and you and your legal friend are so right then why haven’t you addressed any of the points I made?  You throw out a red herring about minors not being bound by contracts for some bizarre, unrelated reason and I am supposed to buy into it?  Sorry, not happening.  What happened was that you once again did not read what was clearly put in front of you and your legal friend.  That’s your fault, buddy.  Because your “response” generated more questions than answers I am naturally going to ask questions, but all you seem to do is keep pointing to the fact that you received this advice from someone that knows what they are talking about.  Did you know that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms has little impact on the sport community because the charter applies to “government action” and nearly all sport activities in Canada are organized by private and autonomous sport organizations, not governments?  You don’t have to take my word for it - go look it up.  Go to any amateur sport association and you will see that they have codes of conduct.  As I clearly outlined for you they are in place for reason.  They are also drafted with legal advice because they are required by law – so much for the “hill of beans” argument.  Without codes of conduct who would want to partake in amateur sport at the player, coaching or officiating level?  It would be ripe for bullying, intimidation and gossip using a variety of sources including social media.  To say they are not worth a hill of beans shows a clear lack of knowledge on this on your part and your legal friend, in my opinion.  I am supposed to nod my head in agreement to something that makes no sense…lol?  Sorry…not going to happen.  There are legal firms that specifically help draft these codes for sport associations.  Again, do not take my word for it – go look it up.

These codes of conduct do not preclude court action, but courts will likely be reluctant to be engaged in these matters if other avenues have not been explored.   These other avenues I clearly explained to you already are: not wearing the Marine Harvest branding or partaking in events or fundraising that involved the sponsor; play on another team that does not have that sponsor; or a refund of funds spent.  These accomplish the Reed’s goal about not supporting Marine Harvest without going through costly litigation.  You and your legal friend have not thought about what the outcome for this should be other than just go to court because she can win.  Win what?  To think that litigation is the answer with the no suitable outcome for the plaintiff is silly.  To have Freyja reinstated back on the same team where other parents are not supportive (to put it lightly) of the Reed’s actions doesn’t seem like a great outcome from court action.  Critics of the association have basically glazed over the other players on the team and their parents through this as if their rights do not matter as much as the Reed’s rights.  The other parent’s vocal reaction should not have come as a surprise, but apparently it did to the Reeds.  In addition, the sponsor would still be on the team if for some reason Freyja were to be reinstated.  Why would Freyja want to be back on a team with a sponsor that goes against her beliefs?  At some point the Reeds have to decide which is more important: Protesting fish farming using amateur sport as a platform or play soccer.  They can’t have their cake and eat it too.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 08:31:22 PM »

Geez Steve,your legal opinion, and God bless your having one, goes against what I was told. You can type up a storm until your fingers bleed,but I asked someone with an extensive legal background and that's what I was told. By someone who one of his jobs was to "research points of law, write memos, attend hearings, read and summarize caselaw and materials concerning the cases" for a federal judge. Now I'll take his word over yours any day regarding legal issues. But do carry on by all means.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:15 PM »

Thought it was timely to show this gem. You are sort of like the black knight in this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

Not surprised by your response.  When you don't understand it is best to keep to rehearsed response. I guess you and your friend forgot to research a few things here...just saying.  But do carry on, Perry Mason.  :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:25:01 PM by shuswapsteve »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2015, 06:20:54 AM »

What would be your preference Steve? Pretend I'm a know it all or ask those that do have knowledge and 30 plus years of legal experience? But then you know it all, so carry on. HEY!~ Why don't you get an opinion from someone with a strong legal background? Then you could infer they're a buffoon too!  ::)

(Should I be honoured with your snapping at my heels like a chihuahua nearly every time I post something? It's beginning to feel like you're on some weird kind of personal mission. I can't decide if it's hilarious or a sad spectacle) :o

"So glad you brought this up, NB.  I was eagerly waiting."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:58:16 AM by Novabonker »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »

What would be your preference Steve? Pretend I'm a know it all or ask those that do have knowledge and 30 plus years of legal experience? But then you know it all, so carry on. HEY!~ Why don't you get an opinion from someone with a strong legal background? Then you could infer they're a buffoon too!  ::)

(Should I be honoured with your snapping at my heels like a chihuahua nearly every time I post something? It's beginning to feel like you're on some weird kind of personal mission. I can't decide if it's hilarious or a sad spectacle) :o

"So glad you brought this up, NB.  I was eagerly waiting."

You're still ranting? My preference would be for you to actually address the points I made and even the questions, but you still seem very reluctant.  If I am wrong then show me, but to date you haven't been able to actually show me where.  Instead you provide the stock response which basically implies that this smart lawyer friend gave you this advice and that I should not question it because he is so much more knowledgeable about this than me.  Again, if you are going to post this sort of stuff then expect questions on it and if you don't like being questioned on it, while critical of my opinion at the same time, then you shouldn't be crying foul.  That's sad.  Anyway, it seems like this thread has reached it's end, but if you want to keep bashing me feel free. Release that anger...lol.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2015, 05:32:09 AM »

You're still ranting? My preference would be for you to actually address the points I made and even the questions, but you still seem very reluctant.

I don't have all the answers Stevie.Never professed to that, but I find the volumes you write mind numbing. Can you do it in bullet point?

If I am wrong then show me, but to date you haven't been able to actually show me where.  Instead you provide the stock response which basically implies that this smart lawyer friend gave you this advice and that I should not question it because he is so much more knowledgeable about this than me.

I'm not a lawyer Steve, NEWSFLASH neither are you. You have questions, go find a lawyer and ask him. I just gave you his opinion.

Again, if you are going to post this sort of stuff then expect questions on it and if you don't like being questioned on it, while critical of my opinion at the same time, then you shouldn't be crying foul.  That's sad.

Now if that isn't the pot meeting the kettle.....

Anyway, it seems like this thread has reached it's end, but if you want to keep bashing me feel free. Release that anger...lol.

No anger Steve- just amusement at how wounded and keyed up you get when anyone disagrees with your "I know everything" opinion.You obviously didn't like that part about the contract with a minor, even though that's the way it works and the law. Get picked on a lot when you were a kid?
Carry on
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:02:11 AM by Novabonker »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »

No anger Steve- just amusement at how wounded and keyed up you get when anyone disagrees with your "I know everything" opinion.You obviously didn't like that part about the contract with a minor, even though that's the way it works and the law. Get picked on a lot when you were a kid?
Carry on

It's not that I didn't like that part about the contract with a minor. It was more that it had absolutely no relevance to the issue at hand.  It was actually quite funny because both you legal eagles did not read what was clearly in front of you. You were so gung-ho to show how smart you were that you did not take the time to READ the Parent's Code of Conduct. Key word: Parent. You're funny.

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2015, 09:57:49 PM »

Well I hope Mommy takes a close look at willie's money.  Surely Willies not complaining about his income source why would he.  Take a look at the owner of his team.  Speed trading American Self made billionaire Vincent Viola.  I suspect according to mommy's standards that there would be a lot of unacceptable funds from such a source.  Of course they will say that it is strictly a fish farm thing but I don't believe it for one moment.

For tomorrow's event (see below)...clearly a guy with an 'agenda' and 'conspiracy' that works hand in hand with the she-devil Morton to take down the great and halo industry that is fish farming in our province:)

The Steelhead Society of BC is pleased to announce that we have received some generous donations from NHL player and B.C. Local, Willie Mitchell. Along with all of the incredible donations for our upcoming fundraiser on November 26th, Willie has donated the following packages, which will be up for auction:

- Package 1: 2 Tickets to the Vancouver Canucks / Florida Panthers game in January, along with 2 passes to the morning skate, and a meet & greet with Willie and the players.

- Package 2: Dinner for 2 at the Hawksworth Restaurant, 1 Night Stay at the Hotel Georgia, 2 nights 3 days fishing on the Upper Pitt River staying with Pitt River Lodge, and 1 Day Sturgeon Fishing (2 Days on the Pitt, 1 Day Sturgeon Fishing). The 2 that receive this package also have the choice to fish with Willie if they like.