Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strategic voting to get rid of Harper...  (Read 15726 times)

swimmingwiththefishes

Re: Strategic voting to get rid of Harper...
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 07:37:56 AM »

LeadNow strategic voting recommendations for people who've pledged to votetogeter and based on recent local polling data in some of the swing ridings across the country...

http://www.votetogether.ca/pages/recommendations/

Burbot

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »

Strategic voting never works.

I endorse spoiled ballots since we do not have a 'none of the above' option.  Voting is just the illusion of choice and change.

I will not vote con due to science cuts, their view on Cannabis , terrible trade deals and C-51 plus they are not progressive Conservatives but are the Republican Party of Canada.  Plus harper was a former Liberal and Liberals can not be trusted.

I will not vote Liberal because they like their hands in the cookie jar to much.  They always lie like getting rid of GST , revisiting NAFTA and have been promising decriminalisation/ re legalisation of cannabis since PET.   The fed libs never liked the west any how. They will kiss Quebec's rear end as usual too if they get in.  Remember Justin said 'BC has 6 Senators and Quebec has 24 and the power'  and they no doubt will stack the Senate with their cronies. Do not forget too Justin stated he admires China's government.  His dad was a closet commie. He did the commie world tour Cuba, USSR and China. Plus his dad fingered BC.  The apple does not fall far from the tree.  Plus he supports the Niqab and all these fake refugees coming to Canada. Plus the libs supported C-51 which would of passed regardless as Steve had a majority.  Why vote lib when one can vote for Steve? The libs could of rid us of Steve with the coalition but refused and basically almost always voted with cons since.

I would of voted NDP probably if Layton was still alive but Tom destroyed all Jack worked for, moved the party to far right. Will only decriminalise weed which will do nothing but make drug dealers happy. Plus I was not impressed with Tom party shopping. He is a former Liberal and even checked out the con party.  I bet he would of ran for Liberal leader if jack did not pass away.  He is in over his head.  He may of done better if he did not have the same twits helping him that Dix had, no wonder their support collapsed and if they did win they would be another Quebec first party government like the libs.  Libs can not be trusted and Mulcair was one.

The Greens? Their platform is hilarious.  They do not know what they are.  Ms. may was Mulroney's aid, best buds with Dion. Seem to be the right wings farm team. After all they seem to be targeting hard the NDP ridings yet leaving most others alone (..and provincially the social credit/ BC not real Libs ran a full page ad for the Greens for 2013 BC election).

In my riding no Marxist, Rhino's or Independents running.

We also need fair voting in this country as now all votes are counted but only half actually count,

I predict with Greens splitting vote in parts of BC with NDP and allowing cons to come up the middle, same with the split in Quebec with Libs/NDP/BQ that will allow cons to sneak up middle, the gerry rigged ridings and new ridings i really can not see how Steve will lose.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

I guess you would vote for Donald Trump if he was running in Canada.

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 10:57:20 AM »

Here's the latest in polling data to get through the mess that is our electoral system and make a decision.  There has been a whole bunch of local polling done in the last few days in certain swing ridings to help voters decide...

https://www.votetogether.ca/riding/list/#BC

ps. Burbot you make some interesting points on how much parties compromise their ideals to attract voters. This to me is the nature of politics especially in a country as diverse and large and complex as ours. My hope is for a minority government so that more compromise is brought into politics and we get people working together in Ottawa to create meaningful positive change rather than the business as usual cutthroat stuff.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

Now Harper's despair is getting more evident as he's courting the Ford brothers. The morals of an alley cat. Oooops, sorry alley cats, you have much higher moral standards.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-stephen-harper-rob-ford-1.3273204
http://

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 08:46:35 AM »

Hmmmm....so Harper is critical of Trudeau wanting to legalize marijuana, but is ok going to a rally hosted by Rob Ford, a former crack cocaine smoker and habitual liar about those same activities. Somehow contradicts his tough anti-drug stance.  Nice to be consistent there, Mr. Harper.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »

Hmmmm....so Harper is critical of Trudeau wanting to legalize marijuana, but is ok going to a rally hosted by Rob Ford, a former crack cocaine smoker and habitual liar about those same activities. Somehow contradicts his tough anti-drug stance.  Nice to be consistent there, Mr. Harper.

Harper and the Conservatives are desperate. They'll say anything to get re-elected.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 10:03:31 PM »

HarperMan, it's time for you to go. We want you Gone, Gone, Gone.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »

Coming in through Maple Ridge yesterday, I saw the Harper campaign bus. I was perplexed to see Stevie beside the driver- until I realized it was a cardboard cut out perched on the seat. :o The desperate attempts to cling to power are as hilarious as they are pathetic. I guess one of the Ford bros can become the next Godfather of the cons.

fyrslyer

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com//full-comment/kelly-mcparland-the-case-for-re-electing-stephen-harper

Some perspective for all the yelling and screaming.

I think it is funny that all the national newspapers went out endorsing Harper even when most of their columnists and I believe much of the electorate know, he and the Conservatives need to go. Shows you who's interest the newspaper editorial boards represent (most of the papers in the country are owned by postmedia).

Also evident is the amount of 'yelling and screaming' by the younger demographic online, including me, which will hopefully bring out the vote.

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 03:28:18 PM »

I think it is funny that all the national newspapers went out endorsing Harper even when most of their columnists and I believe much of the electorate know, he and the Conservatives need to go. Shows you who's interest the newspaper editorial boards represent (most of the papers in the country are owned by postmedia).

Also evident is the amount of 'yelling and screaming' by the younger demographic online, including me, which will hopefully bring out the vote.

As per the above check out these newspaper headlines...speaks volumes how desperate and sad our newspaper industry is.

http://imgur.com/7KjKsGZ
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:30:55 PM by swimmingwiththefishes »

Sir Snag-A-Lot

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 12:47:43 PM »

I will be voting strategically to hopefully get rid of Harper and the Cons.  I hope that all of you do the same.  Even more so though, I hope that you all just VOTE!