Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strategic voting to get rid of Harper...  (Read 15715 times)

swimmingwiththefishes

Strategic voting to get rid of Harper...
« on: October 04, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »

I've posted this sneakily in the Chilliwack river conditions section:) but it this needs to be talked about.

There's a whole bunch of websites. This is the one I've been checking especially as their doing regularly polling in swing ridings...

It's time we get rid of this clown of a prime minister and it ain't going to happen by voting for the Green party... (dont get me wrong I dont mind the green party but with our electoral system it's a wasted vote and we really need to get rid of Harper).

votetogether.ca

markyboy

Re: Strategic voting to get rid of Harper...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

Agreed, I used a different site : http://www.strategicvoting.ca but the same end goal, to get rid of Harper. For me that means voting liberal  (Delta). My preference for a leader is actually Elizabeth May, but I have to agree that it would be wasted here.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »

I have problems with both the NDP and Liberals but to get rid of the Conservatives, you have to pick a party.

It's pretty clear that the NDP mean higher taxes but in order to pay for the services that we need, we will have to pay for it. For reference, I pay about 18% in combined income tax - the average US citizen pays about 10%.
I think that we can pay a little more income tax in order to get the level of service we are used to (maybe cut back on the military - Canada has historically been a peace-keeper, not an active fighter).

The Liberals have a weak leader (again). I watched Trudeau after the first leaders debate and when he was asked a question he didn't know the answer to, he gave a lame answer and just tried smiling his way out of it. I hate that. Trudeau has shut down any attempted talk of a coalition but when things are done, I suspect he will have to go along.

This is going to be very difficult. The Conservatives are going with the "economic preservation" platform that gets a lot of scared people to vote for them.

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »

Yes there are many good ones.

I live in a swing riding where votetogether is doing a pledge campaign signing up a big group of people to vote as a block. Seems like a good idea. They are also doing local polling in our riding so we get the latest numbers on where the non-conservative vote is swaying avoiding the vote splitting.

I am more comfortable with the NDP as I think a lot of the higher tax stuff is rhetoric and if anything they will raise taxes on those who aren't paying their fair share (ie. the one percent and corporations).

There is lot's of proof that lower taxes for corporations doesn't do anything to create jobs, they just pocket the money.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »

I had a great conversation with my wife about this last night. Harper is the scape goat here, it's not just him who has run a muck on our environment, it's the entire party. I have a feeling if "Harper" was not the name on the conservative ballot they would win again.

NDP do not plan to change much of what the conservatives have done. They will tweak as they see necessary, you won't see any increases in the budgets of the things we love here in BC.

I still have a lot of research to do, so I can't really comment much further.

It amazes me the lack of voting, and the excuse always is "my vote doesn't count anyways".

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:28:38 PM by Flytech »

turbine

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »

That cartoon could not be any truer.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »

Want to make you vote count? Here's three direct links to help you out...

http://www.strategicvoting.ca/swingdistricts.php

http://www.strategicvoting.ca/alldistricts.php

http://www.votetogether.ca/riding/list/

Great idea on the vote together site, it tells you the philosophies of the NDP, liberals, and Green Party. Too bad it's a biased site that does not include the Conservatives philosophies. I'd like all the information to help make up my own mind. Believe me I want Harper out too, but this type of site is my smelly socks.

StillAqua

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »

Great idea on the vote together site, it tells you the philosophies of the NDP, liberals, and Green Party. Too bad it's a biased site that does not include the Conservatives philosophies. I'd like all the information to help make up my own mind. Believe me I want Harper out too, but this type of site is my smelly socks.
Go to Vote Compass, see where your views fit in with the major parties, then go to strategicvoting.ca or votetogether.ca and see who has the best chance of defeating the Con candidate in your riding.   http://votecompass.com/

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 11:04:38 PM »

Not sure I get it. They are dedicated to strategically voting to get Harper out so it's assuming that you are a voter who has already made up your mind on this but will be voting either Liberal, Greens, or NDP.

Vote Compass makes more sense if your still trying to 'find yourself' as a voter:) 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »

You do have a record of backing winners  ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »

You do have a record of backing winners  ;D ;D ;D
I may have to vote for myself in the New Year.lol

There is always seems to be one nipping at ones heels but I have known that for a couple of years.lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:21:25 AM by chris gadsden »

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »

Might want to take that post down. Your credibility as a fish activist could be seriously compromised;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 11:49:27 PM »

Might want to take that post down. Your credibility as a fish activist could be seriously compromised;)
One can always make one mistake in life and also this was many years ago.lol