Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack Smoking Ban - does it apply along the river?  (Read 12847 times)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
Re: Chilliwack Smoking Ban - does it apply along the river?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »

It's hilarious how full of yourself you are

You have to see him live in person perform at a local fly shop! For a split second I thought I was skating dries wrong for the last 25 years.
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

Walleye76

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »

The fact is, for the last how many years has there been a ban on smoking near entrances, ventilation etc? How many of you have seen this enforced to any real degree? If they can't/don't have the man power and/or ability to enforce this in an urban setting I wouldn't worry to much about seeing bylaw officers patrolling the banks of the Vedder or Fraser handing out tickets anytime soon. Like others said, be respectful and pack out what you pack in (weather that's cig butts, discarded line, Tim's cups etc)the same people who litter the banks with butts will more then likely leave anything laying there.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »

Here is the reply I just received from the City:

Please find a certified copy of the bylaw in question for your information.

I have attached a map below showing 3 properties outlined in blue to which the attached bylaw’s smoking restrictions would apply pertaining to the Rotary Trail.  The fourth property shown on the map below at 45450 Petawawa Road which has been outlined in blue is the Vedder Park and which property would also be subject to this Bylaw.

The bylaw does not apply to City roads with the exception when you are within a given distance of a “Bus Stop” as defined in the Bylaw.

For the section of the Rotary Trail west of Webster Road until you reach the Southern Railway Bridge, this is on Provincial Crown land and as such would not be subject to the Bylaw at this time.  It would be our hope that the users will apply the intent of the Bylaw to the whole of the Rotary Trail. 

It is not necessary to define the area of the trail in the Bylaw, as the whole of the property containing the trail would be subject to the Bylaw.

The section of the Rotary Trail located on City owned property extends to the “natural boundary” of the Vedder River, which is a boundary determined by a BC land surveyor and which is a mark or feature such as the top of bank that marks the normal extent of the river and where it flows normally during the year.  So in a general sense if you are at or above the top of bank of the watercourse, for the sections of the Rotary Trail noted, you would be subject to the Bylaw.

Please note that in the future, should the lands within the Vedder River owned by the Province be subject to a right of occupation by the City, then these lands may be subject to this Bylaw at that time.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Wayne Moseanko
Property Manager

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »

We need more bans on morons,not smokers.
My kid just seen a fire in the bark mulch at Tim Hortons because of a moron.
I watched a moron throw her lit cigarette out of her window in Mission at the peak of the drought.
Told her that it probably wasn't a very good idea doing that and she basically agreed with me.

I just spent three days golfing and smoked my brains out on the golf course.
The smoke gets put out and the butt goes in my pocket until the end of the day or I find a suitable garbage can.

Go ahead and smoke .Just don't be a moron. :)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »

this site edits the word m oron and replaces with respectable and intelligent human being?

doja

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »

this site edits the word m oron and replaces with respectable and intelligent human being?

.... Lol (intelligent and respectable human being,  haha it does) I have a friend who empties out the tobacco from the spent cigarette butt and puts it back into his pack for disposal at a garbage can or like you in a pocket if first choice not practical (aka full)... 

I shale not call a person 1  a moron
I shale not call a person 2 a moron
I shale not call a person 3 a moron

BUT I can call them all morons,  lol

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:53:45 AM by doja »