Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boat Launch for Vedder River?  (Read 8738 times)

canso

• Old Timer
Re: Boat Launch for Vedder River?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »

Well having run into trouble with a prop in that stretch last summer, leads me to warn others. This year there's less water as well, so I'm just looking out for others. But thanks for proving you CAN do it, well done. :)

You said it much nicer then I would.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »

You said it much nicer then I would.

Maybe I'm nicer? ;)

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »

Yeah, jets are fail safe.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »

As far a Island 22 goes....

Does anyone know if I were to buy a season's pass tomorrow (6th), is it good for 1 year from the date of purchase? If it's only good until the end of 2015 I'm not sure if I want to buy the pass.

We are taking our recently purchased jet boat out on the Fraser for the 1st time tmrw! :D Have had it out on lakes 5 times and am now reasonably comfortable loading and unloading, cruising around, dropping anchor, and so on.

I am aware of some free launches (Jesperson, BarrowTown, etc) but am considering just using I-22 every time.

It is the closest launch to where I live and I like that it is a secure area and some scrot-bag isn't gointg to break into my truck and steal my stuff.

Plus with the amount of space there is just seems like a generally less stressful place to load and launch.

I've been out with buddies in their boats launching from Barrowtown or Jesperson and others and it was a gong show of people waiting to launch, taking too much time and getting razzed by people waiting, etc.