Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 468723 times)

Outdoorsman

Congratulations!  For your 50th Wedding Anniversary.

I hope you and your wife have many....many more to celebrate!

X2 :)

Apennock

I was going to congratulate you on being at the point of not catching flack for going fishing but the anniversary is exciting too.

Chehalis_Steel

Well this high water really isn't such a bad thing. I'd rather have it now than in 2 weeks. Should really help to get the early season Coho and Springs coming in.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Very muddy this AM and some heavy rain, not fishable for biting fish, hoping it may clear by the AM tomorrow. Thought I saw a chinook boil yesterday
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:33:07 AM by chris gadsden »

kevzabob

Water flow seems very quick too. Tossed some spoons and tried doing some float fishing. However the presentations went by quickly..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water flow seems very quick too. Tossed some spoons and tried doing some float fishing. However the presentations went by quickly..
For pinks I find try to find some slower moving water, they like to lay in this area.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water nice this AM, landed a good number of pinks, all males.

TheLostSockeye

Water nice this AM, landed a good number of pinks, all males.

what are you fishing with?

im using a prawn tipped jig and all i have caught so far is a hatchery steelhead.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

im using a prawn tipped jig and all i have caught so far is a hatchery steelhead.
Deli shrimp with a little pro cure added, a tad of pink wool also. Cannot miss with that.

typhoon

• Old Timer

A hatchery summer run on the Vedder would be a spectacularly rare catch. I believe the hatchery only sees one or two summer runs per year.

Nicolas The Fisherman

A hatchery summer run on the Vedder would be a spectacularly rare catch. I believe the hatchery only sees one or two summer runs per year.
I believe TheLostSockeye may have been talking about catching a steelhead smolt. Could be wrong, but as you mentioned, extremely hard, or pretty well impossible to catch a summer run steelhead on the C-V.

typhoon

• Old Timer

Ahhh, that makes sense. To me a Steelhead must have gone to the ocean, so a smolt is just a hatchery rainbow.
I did make a visit to the hatchery a few summers ago and found a lone summer run ~8lbs sitting at the outflow.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

Perfect conditions today, and hundreds of fish seen. They weren't too interested in playing ball though.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was boiling with them tonight and they were very willing biters towards dark. Took a limit of fresh ones, will try canning, never had before. I know, most likly not as good as other salmon but of course fish are good for us, while they are not from pens. :-X

Sandman

• Old Timer

River was boiling with them tonight and they were very willing biters towards dark. Took a limit of fresh ones, will try canning, never had before. I know, most likly not as good as other salmon but of course fish are good for us, while they are not from pens. :-X

Better for you than most salmon due to their shorter life cycle (less time to accumulate pollutants).
Not all those who wander are lost