Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Photos From Vedder Cleanup  (Read 8277 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re:Photos From Vedder Cleanup
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 08:28:54 PM »

Was good to get out with Lew today as we had a good lunch together and then took the bottles into the depot in downtown Chilliwack.

Sandy, one of the girls that works there pitched in and helped us sort out the numerous blue bags. She is a lot faster than Lew and I and instead of being there for a hour we were done in 30 minutes. Our best take in bottles over $50, since we started CVRCC nearly two years ago. Thanks for all that took the time to bag them as it paid for all our refresments at the cleanup with a little left over.

That means more donuts Crispy Creme next cleanup time? Is that the right name?

One of the Chilliwack Councillors, Mark that comes to our cleanup each time and has adopted a section is setting up a meeting with Tim Horton's here in Chilliwack and see if they will help us out next time with goodies and the cup discarding situation. The Manager here is a good guy so I am sure they will help out in some way.

As Lew said we picked up a truck load of stuff the volunteers could not. Also we meet some neat in more ways than one. A group of campers who had a clean site and another was just setting up a camp and were cleaning up and helped us load a sofa etc.. Very nice families and of course Lew and I never miss a chance to promote CVRCC. ;D

I shot a good piece of video of them for the archives.

Thanks Lew for providing your truck and of course covering the fuel.

The good part is we are slowly winning the battle and hope as many of you reading this post will mark the last Sunday of September, the 26 on your calenders now so we will beat the 200 that came out last year to celebrate BC Rivers Day. We will need your help.

I can taste the salmon that will be there now. ;D

Heading for a quick trip to the Vedder now, I hear the springs are in and biting roe very well and rolling in the canal section. The advantage of living 5 minutes from the river.  ;D Have a good week all. Chris
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 11:16:52 PM by chris gadsden »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
Re:Photos From Vedder Cleanup
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 11:51:55 AM »

GREAT PICS sorry i missed this one next time
 ::) ::)