Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Photos From Vedder Cleanup  (Read 8276 times)

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
Photos From Vedder Cleanup
« on: July 10, 2004, 02:36:04 PM »

« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 03:09:29 PM by Rosco P. COHOtrane »

Randog

Re:Photos From Vedder Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 03:16:45 PM »

Pictures dont seem to be loading?

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 03:18:01 PM »

works for me.

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 04:48:16 PM »

works for me too mabey you have slow internet and you need to wait a bit for them to load.
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 10:26:24 PM »

>:(What a friggin mess >:(
Please honey can i go fishing now???

d_w

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 10:42:48 PM »

Got some pics today, only of Carlo/Chrome-Mykiss and Aaron/tHe TrOuT sLaYeR fishing,

Carlo:

Aaron:

Fishing Is life the rest Is just details

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 10:49:42 PM »

Great pics, fishing could of been better but we got action. ;D We cleaned the Tamahi area, picked up a ton of cans and bottles and 5 garbage bags full aside from a bunch of lawn chairs. Was a great day. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 10:52:10 PM »

Thanks very much for everyone that came to the cleanup. Was great to see and meet so many of the younger members of the forum. With fishers like this that care for the health of our rivers there is hope. Will post some more info under my fishing report for the day.

otto

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 10:54:48 PM »

what? Rosco...no Longpole today?? ;D

spring_killer

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 11:29:11 PM »

Thanx for thepics.  that was some mess out there   >:(

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2004, 02:54:20 AM »

It seems it wa a real mess out there. Tamihi area looks just discusting  >:(
You guys did a great job, sorry for not being able to join you this time around, just way too bussy these few weeks.

I know we do help a lot, and we do make a difference, but I am dissapointed with city of Chilliwack or whatever else government body is responsible for the area. I do not think they are doing their job, as these scenes are repeating and I do not think they are puting enough of effort into enforcing law. There are so many different solutions to these problems and not all of them require huge amounts of money. Whenever it comes to enforcing laws, or some other issues officials think about pumping more money, and they say they do not have it. I do agree with that but people have to start thinking out of box. Why not get a private company to enforce it. Introduce "camping or pollution" fees for camping and have the company collect the fee and report polluters, as they will be responsible for cleaning area as well. ive them part of the money collected from fees as well if that helps. This is just one way, there are many others. I know some people do not like to see free land controled by anybody, but it isn't free for polluting, it isn't free for dumping, and if nothing regular works, something else has to be done. Look at the other developed countries (European) who had huge pollution problems in 70's and now are cleaning their mess. It cost a lot of money, and some of them introduced huge fines and tight control over this kind of stuff. Something has to be done before it is too late.
Sorry for long runt I just got upset with those pictures, and I do not know if this is any help, but maybe somebody who is very active in these issues will read it and maybe willl change way of thinking or see that there are more people who thinks the same.
Just my 2c. I wish I can help more.

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 09:43:19 AM »

That couch will probably be left there if not already from the previous group last weekend. They'll probably torch it too.   >:(  >:(  >:(

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 10:17:31 AM »

excellent job guys , sorry we could not make it out this time, they changed our shifts at work and i had to work sat instead of friday  >:(
so after work i took canoeboy over to slaughterhouse  bar for an afternoons fishing,and we walked into a disaster zone  :o the remains of a party from the night before with the fire pit still warm. canoeboy started rounding up the empties and buy time he was done id say there was about $15 worth  ;D

but i must give credit where its due, and that is the fact that one of the party organisers did show up later in the afternoon to clean up the mess,  prety responsible of him,so we gave him a hand
as for the fishing well it was very slow, no action for our set ups, but we did see fish jumping out in front of us and well within casting distance, but i could not tell if it was sockeye or spring  :-[
but i will be back lol  
cnm
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 10:43:54 AM by canoe man »
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 10:40:30 AM »

Great job guys stuff like that will make fishing funner.
weeeeeeeeeow!

Lew Chater

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2004, 05:30:04 PM »

More information for you on the CVRCC cleanup yesterday. We had just over 80 people show up for the cleanup and although many areas were cleaner than usual, some of the other areas such as the Boulder Hole and Tamahi were really bad. Four members of this board spent over three hours in the Boulder Hole and removed a pickup load. I counted 13 members and family from this board who helped out, great job people.
Chris and I took the recycle bottles and cans in today and got $53.50 for them and that helps the cause.
Chris and I also went out to the river to pick up bags and metal chairs etc that people couldn't get back yesterday and ended up with a full pickup load again after going into several sites up the river. WE ALSO GOT THE COUCH AT TAMAHI, my poor back ! We looked in at the Boulder Hole that had been cleaned yesterday by the Dr., DK, and Gumboot and Mrs. Gumboot and there was more garbage again and more trees cut down, but the whole area looked so much better !
With three dumpsters full, plus metal, tires, bed springs, mattresses, couches, oil, plastic etc, we can feel good that this stuff at least is not on the river but on the way to the land fill.  Thanks again for everyones help.
Hope to see you on BC Rivers Day, Sunday Sept 26 04 for the next cleanup. We'll even feed you that day !
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!