Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To early for fraser river pinks ????  (Read 19472 times)

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
Re: To early for fraser river pinks ????
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 08:04:16 PM »

What the hell are you talking high horse? Do you know what that saying means? Or what trolling is? I didn't  see the part of the 14. That's my mistake. There is no delusion of grandeur in what I said, simply that I didn't believe him. That's under the impression that he was there today.

I really fail to see though, how that puts me I a high horse. If you'd like to explain it, I'm open to what you say. But I hardly think not believing something on the internet is makes me better than anyone
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2015, 07:47:12 AM »

What the hell are you talking high horse? Do you know what that saying means? Or what trolling is? I didn't  see the part of the 14. That's my mistake. There is no delusion of grandeur in what I said, simply that I didn't believe him. That's under the impression that he was there today.

I really fail to see though, how that puts me I a high horse. If you'd like to explain it, I'm open to what you say. But I hardly think not believing something on the internet is makes me better than anyone

Let's see. You and Burbot jumped to invalid conclusions and called him out.
How about giving your fellow man the benefit of the doubt, at least at for a few seconds before claiming the moral high ground...

Nitroholic

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2015, 12:40:57 PM »

How about giving your fellow man the benefit of the doubt, at least at for a few seconds before claiming the moral high ground...

agreed

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 01:39:07 PM »

There is no moral high ground at all. Calling out Trolling isnt saying Im morally better in anyway, its disbelief of a post. I admitted I missed the part where the date was stated (poorly, to be fair) so, under those conditions, its simply stating "I dont believe you." Exactly that. No more. If anyone is on a high horse here, its you. All you needed to post was clarification of the date. Instead, you decided to throw a jab in as well.

I hope you are talking about Burbots post of "It is closed"

If you are, then Ill chalk this up to you being a little too high and mighty. Seriously, his post was in response to a question, stating a fact. My post equated to "I dont believe you" and you have to make a whole to do. Good stuff!

Seriously. Moral high ground. Thats hilarious.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »

Poor Dan, he wasn't questioning the report since he didn't know it was closed anyway.

Where are all the fish?

Ive been out at least 10 times, to the Vedder, Harrison, Pitt, Squamish, Mamqoum, Fuzzy Creek, and the Tidal and Non Tidal Fraser in the past 6 days. I cant get a single fish! I need roe for Coho! I am fly fishing, spoon fishing, and floating power bait balls, but I cant even get a sniff. Ive only seen one or two caught, and everyone I talked to just said THEYRE JUST PINKS!

This is by far the worst run yet. Im just gonna sell all my gear. Unless someone can tell me where to go to get into fish. Thanks

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »

High horse?  High ground?  How do you guys fish from horses?  Wouldn't it be better to stand on a beach instead of high ground?  If I am fishing from a horse do I need a fishing license for it as well?

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »

Poor Dan, he wasn't questioning the report since he didn't know it was closed anyway.

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »

hello all Dan if you didnt beilve that i went fishing thats your problem I started this post just to see if anybody else had luck this early in the season because i was gonna give it a try anyways at new west. and i think salmon fishing closed after the 14

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »

No bro, I missed the date. I thought your post was saying you went that day, not the 14th. It's my mistake.