Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano river  (Read 6002 times)

Knnn

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano river
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »

As per the NRCAN map, Federal reserve lands (designated as Capilano I.R. #5) includes land on both sides of the Capilano estuary and if the Nation wished to be dicks about it could prevent people fishing from their lands on either sides.  They don't they only ristrict people from fishing above the rail bridge to the highway bridge and on the east side of the estuary.  So pay them their due respect that we are allowed to fish on their land, live and play within their and other FN's traditional territories.  I understand that it would probably to be too much trouble to enforce, as well as helping to keep the peace with the privileged and entitled west vancouverite dog walkers, considering their favorite dog walking park is also on FN lands.

Same for the Soowhalie Nation, many people do not realize that they are fishing on FN lands on the north side of the Vedder/Chilliwack river (not just the well known south side), in the area of the on-the way-store.  Again check out the NRCAN maps.

If you want to know exactly where FN lands are located anywhere in BC (or Canada) use this plug in for google earth.

http://clss.nrcan.gc.ca/googledata-donneesgoogle-eng.php

zacrum

Re: Capilano river
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »

Thank you   and that's what I was getting at  so that I can contact the right bands and get permission