Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass fishing spots  (Read 11550 times)

FishOn36

Bass fishing spots
« on: June 30, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some local bass fishing spots here in the lower mainland that would be producing now. I fished the Trinity Western pond quite a bit in May, and caught a lot of fish. The biggest being around 1lb. Unfortunately come the beginning of June, the weeds have completely taken over making it un-fishable...top water lures don't even produce in there (at least not for me). In the past week I've checked out Deer lake in Burnaby, as well as Minnekhada park in Coquitlam. Both have which turned out to be busts, as you're really limited to where you can fish shore access wise. All the active bears in Minnekhada park made it harder to focus on fishing as well. Seen lots of fish surface in there during the evening hours, not sure what they were though.

What other options are there? I've seen a list of bass fishing spots online, but I'd rather not waste my time and fuel going to them if it's not worth it. Ideally I'd like to try places that are fishable from shore, but I do have an inflatable boat as well.

Thanks

Knnn

• Old Timer
Re: Bass fishing spots
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »

FishOn36

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »

http://www.bassanglersofbc.com/index.php
http://pcba.forumotion.com/login

Pitt Marsh.
Hatzic
Silvermere Lake

Silvermere is out of the question, considering all the problems people have had with the locals when trying to fish there. I'm very familiar with Hatzic, used to fish there a lot way back for crappies. Only problem is trying to get a boat in the water.

Edit: Thanks for the forum links Knnn. They seem to be pretty dead though, no new posts!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:04:37 PM by FishOn36 »

chronicfisher

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »

There is a crap ton of bass in Deer lake.you just gotta work a Lil harder for them is all . lily pads are your best friend there,I've noticed they a bit picky on presentation at times and other times they don't seem to care what you throw at them. A #3 size spinner seems to always produce for me hope this helps

FishOn36

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »

There is a crap ton of bass in Deer lake.you just gotta work a Lil harder for them is all . lily pads are your best friend there,I've noticed they a bit picky on presentation at times and other times they don't seem to care what you throw at them. A #3 size spinner seems to always produce for me hope this helps

Do you fish from shore there? I walked around the whole lake and really couldn't find any half decent spots to fish. What type of spinner do you normally use? I'm heading out to sturgeon slough this evening to see if I can catch anything. Will report back

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »

I tried Deer a couple of weeks ago - loaded with small bass to about 8 inches. I saw no sign of anything larger - but that doesn't mean they are not there.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

chronicfisher

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 04:47:21 PM »

Do you fish from shore there? I walked around the whole lake and really couldn't find any half decent spots to fish. What type of spinner do you normally use? I'm heading out to sturgeon slough this evening to see if I can catch anything. Will report back

I use a mepps or blue fox #3.yep fishing from shore.looks can be deceiving but they are there usually by edge of the pads.ive seen few guys on boats get some pretty decent size ones. There is a creek that is on the north side of Lake also produces

FishOn36

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:52:22 PM »

I use a mepps or blue fox #3.yep fishing from shore.looks can be deceiving but they are there usually by edge of the pads.ive seen few guys on boats get some pretty decent size ones. There is a creek that is on the north side of Lake also produces

Thanks.

No luck at sturgeon slough. I walked down the dyke and found another little slough, had some nibbles on a senko and powerworm, no takers though. Spotted a blackbear wandering in the farm field about 40' away from me, coming my way. Don't think it saw me though luckily, I ended up leaving after that.

Quin

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »

Lots of links here, Just ask questions and they should point you in some interesting directions.
https://sites.google.com/site/bassanglersbc/

Quin

FishOn36

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »

Lots of links here, Just ask questions and they should point you in some interesting directions.
https://sites.google.com/site/bassanglersbc/

Quin

Quin, would you be able to tell me how to get into the main section of pitt marsh? I drove all the way down to the boat launch near the end of "Raine" road on tuesday, but didn't see anywhere that was fishable. Am I supposed to go further down past the boat launch? I've read of people walking dykes and such that go around the marsh, but I had no idea where I was supposed to go. Is there a lot of bears out that way? I encountered one right near sturgeon slough.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:09:27 PM by FishOn36 »

Quin

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 01:02:57 AM »

P/M me, as there's lot's of different access points, and the road names differ from map to map, and person to person.  :o
Yes, there's bears but no worse than any other place near berry fields.
Quin
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:04:39 AM by Quin »

FishOn36

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:26:13 AM »

P/M me, as there's lot's of different access points, and the road names differ from map to map, and person to person.  :o
Yes, there's bears but no worse than any other place near berry fields.
Quin

PM sent. My bad, I meant "Neaves/Rannie" road...don't know where Raine came from lol!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 07:56:57 PM »

The marsh at Pitt is Area 51 and you need a boat or pontoon. All the little marshes, sloughs in the Pitt area have bass. You could try Mill Lake in Abby as well as Fish Trap Creek also in Abby

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 09:07:51 AM »

Deer Lake is extremely weedy, so you will spend more time removing weed from your lures and line than actual fishing.

chronicfisher

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »

Deer Lake is extremely weedy, so you will spend more time removing weed from your lures and line than actual fishing.

Depends where some areas are alot more weedier then others.