Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fly casting video  (Read 7675 times)

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
fly casting video
« on: July 08, 2004, 09:18:44 AM »

short casting video, fyi:

http://www.flyshop.com/skills/lkaids/

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:fly casting video
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:30:15 PM »

Good video. Thanks for posting

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 03:24:47 PM »

Good video. Thanks for posting

Cool :D  I learned it a bit different.  I was told to not turn sideways to case.  In this video, the caster is standing sideways... works probably better where you have space, but standing in a boat, or on a rock would require a diff. approach.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 03:43:28 PM »

Cool link, I think the position of Lefty in that one is set-up that way so he is facing the camera. I have watched professional casters demonstrating for the camera on a side angle in person many times but then when out fishing beside them they will fish straight.

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Cool link, I think the position of Lefty in that one is set-up that way so he is facing the camera. I have watched professional casters demonstrating for the camera on a side angle in person many times but then when out fishing beside them they will fish straight.

If you listen to the video, he actually says one should do it sideways, and have the left leg forward (if right handed).   That jives with his approach to keep the arm "on a rail", which really works if you turn sideways.

I guess everyone has their own approach. It is good to know them, so one can develop an approach that one is most comfy with. :)