Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrard Inlet  (Read 12435 times)

A Frayed Knot

Re: Burrard Inlet
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 10:51:21 PM »

I think I'm going to give it a try this weekend around Barnett, does anyone know whats best for targeting them?

It's tough to say because they are pretty focused on hitting the rivers they won't be eating much if anything at all, so you'll be wanting to focus on provoking the fish I would guess, much like in the rivers they tend to be very aggressive defending redds and what not so, spoons and the like might be good.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »

Weather was nice enough around noon to give me an hours worth of fishing. Fished on the shorline trail, I was using a purple jig under a float and casting it far.
I would slowly jerk for the jig to move around and i got a fish on instantly. On the first fish right when i got to see it my line snapped. Switched to a purple spoon and i was shocked how the fish would bite it. worth a try,  also when you get to the spot you will see the fish jumping.    :) :) :) :)

KarateKick

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »

Is there still any salmon (or other fish) biting in the Belcarra area?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:31:00 PM by KarateKick »

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »

Not many salmon going trough the belcarra area. Maybe the odd flounder

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »

Not sure, but the weathers suppose to be nicer tomorrow and I will find out!
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 07:48:58 AM »

I checked it out on Monday and it wasn't to bad, I saw a few rollers not 100% sure if they were chum or coho.

I took my Kayak in the morning and tried to troll some streamers around Belcarra Picnic area down to Admiralty Point.
I learned a few things.

1) it was DAMN cold.
2) I need a bigger boat, mostly because a rudder would have made a big difference.
3) COLD and probably need at least just a small motor to get  a steady trolling speed.
4) Clip on Fish Finder or strap on fish Finder/depth sounder would have been handy. I was trolling completely blind, and tried to fish like I was trout fishing a larger lake, staying near the drops but I had actually no idea if salmon or anything would be present. I realize there will be salmon in the system all year around but probably migrating.

All and all it was a nice day but the chilly wind kinda beat me out. So I went home and warmed up in St. James Well. LOL

TimL

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 01:03:15 PM »

I don't know as I have not fished there this late in the year. I will like to try sometime soon though.I suspect it will be slow from shore (as I don't have a boat) but if I can get my casts out to deeper water perhaps I may get flatfish. There may be greenlings in the shallows  near the rocks but since they supposedly spawn in the late fall-winter, l think they should be left alone.

TimL

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 11:43:33 PM »

Decided to take a break from the tidal Fraser earlier today and headed out to my usual spots at Belcarra for some bottomfish. Expected a very slow day...however to my surprise the fish are still hanging around near shore. Ended up keeping 7 sea perch and a nice fat greenling..released many more smaller ones. A rather chilly day..the sun did help a bit in the afternoon.

Salmon__Slayer

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 12:21:44 PM »

you might want to try twitching jigs or casting out spoons