Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stanley Cup Finals 2015  (Read 7343 times)

arimaBOATER

Stanley Cup Finals 2015
« on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »

Tampa Bay leading the series 2 games to 1.
All the games have been very close. Think all 3 games were within a goal.
Sadly my team that I'm cheering on is losing. ( Chicago)
Seems they are tiring coming thru very tough series. Ducks banged them up with tons of hits.
Tampa Bay have a big fast younger team.
Hawks better dig deep & come out with their A game or they will be behind the 8 ball so to say.
( lose next one & the series will be 3-1 )
Come on Hawks fill up your gas tanks & tie up the series !!!!
Go Hawks go !
Bet the house on a Chicago win. If they lose I will eat my shorts.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:58:40 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »

Sadly my team that I'm cheering on is losing. ( Chicago)

Get used to losing buttercup. Your other adopted team the Make Beliefs are also losers. ;) ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

Get used to losing buttercup. Your other adopted team the Make Beliefs are also losers. ;) ;)
Ouch ! Now I know how Chris feels. ;D

The Make Beliefs have a coach that knows how to  "get results from no name players". He'll make believers out of them.
The Canucks remind me of the "Dolly Sisters" or "Over the hill gang".
Till Canucks make real changes & get their players skating a 60 minute game I will not be a fan of theirs.

Go Hawks go !

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »

A-BOATER, you're the only person I know that wants to get onboard the Titanic after it's been hit by an iceberg. ;) By Christmas your blood pressure will be through the roof. When the New Year rolls around you'll be under the care of a psychiatrist for severe depression. By the end of the season, you'll be walking around with a paper bag over your head and mumbling to yourself, your friends and your psychiatrist will be laughing at you and you wishing you were in the Witness Protection Program.  ;D

As to Mike Babcock getting results from no name players, does Nicholas Lidstrom, Thomas Holmstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Zetterberg ring a bell ? ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:06:22 PM by Fish Assassin »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:15:01 AM »

A-BOATER, you're the only person I know that wants to get onboard the Titanic after it's been hit by an iceberg. ;) By Christmas your blood pressure will be through the roof. When the New Year rolls around you'll be under the care of a psychiatrist for severe depression. By the end of the season, you'll be walking around with a paper bag over your head and mumbling to yourself, your friends and your psychiatrist will be laughing at you and you wishing you were in the Witness Protection Program.  ;D

As to Mike Babcock getting results from no name players, does Nicholas Lidstrom, Thomas Holmstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Zetterberg ring a bell ? ;)

Well you got me thinking.
Regardless let's not confuse the issue at hand with "facts".
Babcock knows how to get respect of his players & if they do not play how he coaches " goodbye ". Bring in a replacement. He will having his team skating & checking for. 60 minutes.
Would not surprise me if the Leafs get more pts than the Canucks after 83 games or whatever games are in a season.
If I had a wooden barrel of green pickles I'd bet them.  ;D

As for the finals I predict a big push back by the Hawks all the way to winning the Cup.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 11:17:33 AM »

Would not surprise me if the Leafs get more pts than the Canucks after 83 games or whatever games are in a season.
If I had a wooden barrel of green pickles I'd bet them.  ;D

You really should quit drinking the blue Kool Aid Chris been feeding you  ;D Even Chris wouldn't take that bet.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:07:28 PM »

You really should quit drinking the blue Kool Aid Chris been feeding you  ;D Even Chris wouldn't take that bet.

Wow after the great pressure win by Chicago tonight I definitely have to drink something ( at least 2 glasses of Chile red wine.) ;D
Tampa Bay had at least 5 close in scoring chances in the last 2 minutes of play.
How did the puck not go in to tie the game is beyond me. Series tied 2-2.
Teams have 2 days off. Game 5 on Saturday.

Go Hawks go. It is hard fast skilled physical hockey & it's a joy to watch. Plus they are not playing dirty as there are no cheap shots or stick work or dangerous hits. They are emptying their tanks & giving it their all !

arimaBOATER

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 10:44:38 PM »

A very close series!
Tampa had a zillion chances to score in this 6 game series. Most shots were either deflected,blocked,hit cross bar or post,shot into the pads,or missed the puck infront of the wide open net.
Like they had concrete in the gloves.
Early in the series Tampa looked like the better team but the ever steady plug away fast skating talented Hawks edged out the wins behind great goaltending.
3 Cups in the last 6 years.
Dynasty this team can be labelled.
Top dog in a 30 team league.
Very special hardworking desire chemistry  talent ...are words that come to mind.

Congrads to the organization.
It was not easy. Nashville Ducks Tampa series were all hard fought. Never say quit.
One team rejoicing & the other crushed. All the hard work only to come a little short.
Tampa has gained lots respect by sports fans as they fought hard. A little puck luck around the net & they would be the champs.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:52:15 PM by A-BOATER »