Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lake tornados?  (Read 8574 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Lake tornados?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »

yup, that was us near the boat launch. That was my other buddy with the two boats stacked, they missed the action. I believe we had 12 hits and landed 6 that day. But just being abe to wittness the tornado was worth the trip itself. You got to figure out how to get that video up on here. It took me a good 20 seconds to snap back to earth before i started pulling out my camera, by then it was done.
The Bigger The Better!

wizard

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

oh ya, we were the boat with the little black and white dog... I think we landed 10 but had slow periods in between little flurries of action, even had a couple double headers, nothing too big though, we were fishing the south end of the lake and found the fish were up on the shoal or atleast the edge of it, not much out past the shoals. that might have changed by now...seemed like the hatches werent in full effect but starting to get going. 
I lost the jack or adapter of whatever you call it to load the camera onto the computer but if I find it Ill email you the video, its the last 22 seconds of the tornado as it started to die out.  Wouldnt wanna get caught in one of those things in a float tube or a canoe or kayak, that would be hairy AF.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 04:25:20 PM »

Yup, was a nice day indeed. You have to get that adaptor and send it to me. I was too much in shock to even think of pulling my camera out until it was over, lol.
The Bigger The Better!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 05:38:10 PM »

Im bringing you that adaptor, where the hell are you? ;)
The Bigger The Better!