Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Valley Salmon Society Fraser River Cleanup Today  (Read 3172 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Fraser Valley Salmon Society Fraser River Cleanup Today
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »

20 of us spent a wet day taking 700 KG off the flood plain of the Fraser today, a report and pictures here for anyone that may wish to view.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fraser-Valley-Salmon-Society/111769675563789

armytruck

• Old Timer
Re: Fraser Valley Salmon Society Fraser River Cleanup Today
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:08:12 PM »

Great to see Chris  :) , now I wish there were a Hunting club society that would go up the back country here in the lower mainland mountains and do a clean up . I see lots of gun slingers going up into the Stave area and Chehalis etc and blow off a ton of amo and leave a mess . Is there such a club and why don't they get involved . I went up near Chahalis last weekend and stopped by the Statlu down one of the logging roads and came upon a few makeshift campsites . Garbage all over such a beautiful river bank , spent shells . Packs of spinner packages . I cleaned it all up and hauled it out .  :( Yah , sad . One day soon we will lose the opportunity to access these places because of this and the Ministry of forest will lock it all up .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »

Good for you, too bad people do this year in and year, lets hope the cameras I hear are out in some spots now will catch some of these careless and thoughtless people.

Today while fishing a number of coffee cups were left by a popular run on the Vedder, one had won a prize, they had ripped the tab off and just dropped the cup, took them out for them. :-X

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:08:21 PM »

I should have taken pictures before but I just started cleaning right from the get go . I took them after the fact . This is a spot just up from the Chehalis bridge up past the upper boundry marker.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:54 PM »

Again , I took pictures of the Statlu River and not the mess I cleaned up :P

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »

Lovely pictures, why do those that dump garbage along these waterways want to spoil all this?