Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tropical fruit in the Vedder?  (Read 5318 times)

FishRepellant

Tropical fruit in the Vedder?
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »

I know this is a somewhat pointless question, but I'm curious about something. I've noticed a large quantity of coconuts, and a few pineapples floating past us on the lower Vedder lately. Can anyone provide some insight as to where these things are coming from? Thanks!
Yeah, I know that I spelled "Repellent" wrong...

Funeral Of Hearts

Re: Tropical fruit in the Vedder?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:05:00 PM »

Up stream would be my guess.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:46 PM »

Up stream would be my guess.

One has to get up pretty early to fool you. :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:31:43 PM »

Follow the fruit trail, it'll lead you to Chris' new cocktail bar, just branching out from the corn stand business to generate some off-season income. ;)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 05:07:47 AM »

Whatever you do, don't crack open the coconut! Found one below the gates at the Serp. one time and decided to smash it over the rocks, I guess I thought I'd crack that puppy open and there'd be some delicious coconut inside. Holy f*** that was one of the worse things I've ever smelled I had to leave my spot.

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »

Whatever you do, don't crack open the coconut! Found one below the gates at the Serp. one time and decided to smash it over the rocks, I guess I thought I'd crack that puppy open and there'd be some delicious coconut inside. Holy f*** that was one of the worse things I've ever smelled I had to leave my spot.

You're trying to tell me that a single coconut smelled worse that thousands of rotting chum, and you had to leave your spot because of it.  Hope you didn't forget your purse on the rocks..

ByteMe

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »

You're trying to tell me that a single coconut smelled worse that thousands of rotting chum, and you had to leave your spot because of it.  Hope you didn't forget your purse on the rocks..

:D :D.........that just got my day started....lmao
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

c-pin

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »

I know this is a somewhat pointless question, but I'm curious about something. I've noticed a large quantity of coconuts, and a few pineapples floating past us on the lower Vedder lately. Can anyone provide some insight as to where these things are coming from? Thanks!

I see that a lot on the lower Fraser. A buddy of mine from work explained it to me.

Forgive me if I err in my explanation.

In the Hindu religion, when someone dies, they are cremated. There is then a ceremony where the ashes are released in water. Part of the ceremony includes coconuts, fruit, and other things. The basic premise is that the ashes make its way to the holy River Ganges.

If someone of the South Asian community on this forum can offer some insight, that would be great.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:43:20 AM by c-pin »
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

I never put my purse down on the rocks. I used to carry it but it kept sliding off my shoulder while casting and was super frustrating! Now I just have one of those cute fanny packs the fly guys seem to like using to hold their makeup.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »

I never put my purse down on the rocks. I used to carry it but it kept sliding off my shoulder while casting and was super frustrating! Now I just have one of those cute fanny packs the fly guys seem to like using to hold their makeup.

Hey!

Gear guys also carry fanny packs these days. I too also have cosmetic necessities in mine, when my wife comes fishing with me of course...

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »

Did she read that yet?
I hear some hurtin' in the distance.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »

Hey!

Gear guys also carry fanny packs these days. I too also have cosmetic necessities in mine, when my wife comes fishing with me of course...

Red finger nail polish ? :)

losos

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »

Hey!

I never go fishing with girls since prefer to concentrate on one pleasure at the time and especially when weather do not permit taking of garments.

fishgutz63

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 05:38:06 AM »

So with all this ashes being dumped for Hindu religious purposes , there should be a lot of brown trout around huh I'm guessing re-incarnation :o