Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's the difference between a Sage brown blank and green?  (Read 15754 times)

lapa

Re: What's the difference between a Sage brown blank and green?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »

The brown Sage bait cast is awesome, I've got a Abu on it and the arm is great, it's the centre pin that I can't handle. It's a 3113m, just feels like a telephone pole. Balance is aweful, I figured this is why you get them made. Rod is very front heavy.
This is why all my CP rods have fly guides.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »

Interesting comment lapa; when I fished I used a 2106L, built as a trigger rod.  I used a zirconium insert tip and 2 zirc strippers, but the rest of the guides were fly rod snakes ... over 10 years or so I never had any guide problems.  Seemed to me ice problems were also fewer, but then again I didn't fish much when it was below 0° ;D

lapa

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 06:26:36 PM »

Interesting comment lapa; when I fished I used a 2106L, built as a trigger rod.  I used a zirconium insert tip and 2 zirc strippers, but the rest of the guides were fly rod snakes ... over 10 years or so I never had any guide problems.  Seemed to me ice problems were also fewer, but then again I didn't fish much when it was below 0° ;D
They use this approach back east.  Tip,#8 fly guides,8,10,12,16 one foot spinning guides. Should work below 0 too. Didn't have any problems yet except banded a few bush walking(completely my fault).