Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chiliwack Vedder River Steelhead  (Read 4939 times)

ThatDeafGuy

Re: Chiliwack Vedder River Steelhead
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »

I saw that in the paper today, shocking!

I haven't had that kind of experience, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend for our catches.  I certainly hope that people come forward with these types of experience to put pressure on ocean clean up.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

I saw that in the paper today, shocking!

I haven't had that kind of experience, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend for our catches.  I certainly hope that people come forward with these types of experience to put pressure on ocean clean up.
  Not to mention keeping our rivers and streams clean that flow into our ocean. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 04:58:17 PM »

Not to mention keeping our rivers and streams clean that flow into our ocean. :)
We, the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society have been cleaning the banks of the Chilliwack Vedder River since 2002 with around 90 metric tonnes removed in 40 plus cleanups. First cleanup for 2015 is April 18. Check us out on FB and at www.cleanrivers.ca

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »

We, the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society have been cleaning the banks of the Chilliwack Vedder River since 2002 with around 90 metric tonnes removed in 40 plus cleanups. First cleanup for 2015 is April 18. Check us out on FB and at www.cleanrivers.ca
  I know you have Chris and my hat is off to you and all that have had their hand in it. :) there is a lot of garbage flowing down our rivers and streams into our ocean. We would not have to do the clean ups if that was not the case. After all, what has been missed from your back yard flows into my front yard.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:25:37 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »

I know you have Chris and my hat is off to you and all that have had their hand in it. :) there is a lot of garbage flowing down our rivers and streams into our ocean. We would not have to do the clean ups if that was not the case. After all, what has been missed from your back yard flows into my front yard.
Turning into a bigger story now as Global TV is coming to Chilliwack tomorrow to do some filming.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »

Turning into a bigger story now as Global TV is coming to Chilliwack tomorrow to do some filming.
  So good to hear Chirs. Maybe they can also report on what flows down stream into our ocean. From what you just said, there are tons of it. :(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:37:40 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 07:43:37 PM »

So good to hear Chirs. Maybe they can also report on what flows down stream into our ocean. From what you just said, there are tons of it. :(
I will be relating this to them as too many of our rivers are just dumping grounds these days.