Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Island fishing trip  (Read 2734 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Island fishing trip
« on: July 05, 2004, 09:18:14 AM »

Wow!!!!!!!! what a great experience that was!!
the camp we went to was in Gold river home of Luna!!
we went out Saturday trolling for salmon and got skunked! :'( we were fishing for over six hours on the inside passage and didn't get a sniff, but when we got back to camp were we ever spoiled!! a huge bowl of steaming crab caught the same day!! followed by about ten pounds of extremely fresh prawn tails, followed by BBQ ribs, greek salad and boiled potatoes, after that we had strawberry shortcake and chocolate chip cookies!! ;D ;D ;D. This camp is run by a husband and wife and their son in law, a very small operation that takes only five or six people at a time they treat you like part of the family, make you feel very welcome!! After dinner we went out for the evening bite on a smaller boat and trolled for salmon and we were rewarded with a small but gorgeous six pound spring ;D we got back to camp at about 11:00 p,m and went straight to sleep. 3:00am came very soon and after an amazing breakfast of everything you could imagine including homemade Brown toast and fresh coffee we were off fishing again, we headed straight out to sea in some pretty big sea about 15 miles off shore and started trolling, within 5 min fish on!!!!! 10 min later we had a beutiful Tyee over 35 pounds and silver like you can only dream of, 20 min later fish on, twenty pounds of chrome spring!! The fishing slowed down again so we headed further of shore to a reef and started jigging for bottom fish in 130-150 feet of water, wow!!!! non stop action Red snapper one after the other, Ling Cod one over thirty pounds, Rock Cod, Sea Bass, More Red Snapper amazing!!!!! :o :o :o We kept fishing until 2:00 pm and then we had to make our way back because we had reservations on the 8:00 pm ferry, it was absolutely amazing how much fish we brought back and he told us that it was very slow ??? ??? We were cleaning fish for two hours and packing it in ice. Then we started our four hour trek back to Nanaimo.
If you ever want an amazing adventure these are the people to call, I can't remember ever feeling more welcome than I did this weekend, and the price is excellent!!! P.M. me if you want info on this company.
I hope everyone else had a great weekend!!!
Till next time
Rick.

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:Island fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:31:25 AM »

Forget the ribs, greek salad and dessert, just give me the crabs and prawns. Yummy ! Good trip !

canoeboy

• row row row my boat
Re:Island fishing trip
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 12:00:54 PM »

what a trip rick :o :o :o
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 12:48:09 PM by DragonSpeed »