Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish area  (Read 8412 times)

MetalAndFeathers

Re: Squamish area
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »

Its not actualy as bad as you think clarity is around a foot water is kinda mid BUT its Extremely windy I could cast my spey rod because the wind would throw the line right back at me.

nickfrost

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »

How do i access upper river? I read that you follow Squamish valley road all the way up. When i got to the fork in the road just past frog pond, squamish valley road was to the left through the reserve that said no fishing. So do i just keep driving through the reserve on squamish valley road?

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 02:31:57 PM »

Yes.

Keep going and when you hit the dirt road you are at the start (or bottom if you get my drift?).

Anyone confirm that the FSR to the upper sections has been repaired, since the washout over Xmass?

Mr Z

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »

Do you need to have a fly rod to fish Squamish for trouts?
I only fish with gears. I was thinking maybe a single egg under a small float or a spoon would do.
What do you guys think?

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »

Last time I was up there was a sign saying road closed due to washout but there hasn't been anything noted here. http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dsq/Engineering/RoadInformation.htm

Nickfrost: Please be aware and mindful that once you get onto the dirt and further into the Squamish valley winter conditions can be harsh and also change rapidly.  I drove in one sunny winters day with no problem on a little packed snow and on the way back it turned very slick ice and thought I was going to be stuck for the night.  Also during the same trip I started sliding on the ice towards the edge (cliff).

nickfrost

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 03:10:40 PM »

Thanks for the warning cutthout.

Mr Z, I fish gear as well and float single eggs. On Tuesday i went 0 for 1  but the guy beside me was able to land 7 bulls on beads.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »

Try white marabou bent rods jigs for them.Killer! And the reg trout beads under float/indicator.
I fish them mid november-february after that i target steelhead but do get bulls like that.
If you need a little bit more info.
Email me (its the mail icon under my name.)

Mr Z

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »

Great,thanks for the tips, Nick and Metal  ;D