Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sacred Salmon Ceremony  (Read 9015 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Sacred Salmon Ceremony
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »

Filmed this yesterday, what a great way to start 2015, I am sure Dave will enjoy, especially the first couple of minutes. http://youtu.be/JzA1nbwAZCA

Two more clips to follow and Happy New Year to all on both sides of the issue. Stay tunned for details of the Caravan for wild salmon from the headwaters of the Fraser to Victoria now in the planning stages. ;D ;D ;D

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Sacred Salmon Ceremony
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »

Thank you.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »

Good to see Eddy has learned a few new drum beats but the best part was Dougie's truck in the background ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »

Good to see Eddy has learned a few new drum beats but the best part was Dougie's truck in the background ;D
I am sure you will enjoy the next 2 clips too. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:52:18 PM »

If the "mass media" has been bought off then why would Morton want to get donations for advertising against fish farms in BC?  Why give all that hard earned money to the "mass media" that doesn't seem to care about wild salmon?

I hope that fillet wasn't from an endangered Cultus Sockeye.  Did everyone hit the Miller afterwards?  Do they still make good pizza?

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 10:18:04 PM »

I think Eddie and AM are not getting the attention they once did from the mass media so, you know, the media must have been bought off by gov and industry. 
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 09:19:46 AM »

If the "mass media" has been bought off then why would Morton want to get donations for advertising against fish farms in BC?  Why give all that hard earned money to the "mass media" that doesn't seem to care about wild salmon?

I hope that fillet wasn't from an endangered Cultus Sockeye.  Did everyone hit the Miller afterwards?  Do they still make good pizza?
I know the Aquaculture Industry has given large sums of funds of their hard earned money in the past to the mass media. :P ;D
Anyway here is video 3 I filmed for you to enjoy during a snowy Sunday.  ;D ;D
http://youtu.be/DN24n8W60Yk

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 09:23:32 AM »

I'd be surprised if any in that group could identify what species was planked up, and yes, the Miller still makes great pizza :D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »

I know the Aquaculture Industry has given large sums of funds of their hard earned money in the past to the mass media. :P ;D
Anyway here is video 3 I filmed for you to enjoy during a snowy Sunday.  ;D ;D
http://youtu.be/DN24n8W60Yk
Lots of eco-friendly words and small talk about bears and wolves and trees from this Rant on the River, but nothing about how he or his groupies are actually saving wild salmon. Imo, he is as misguided as his Goddess, Alexandra Morton.   His protesting at stores that sell BC farmed salmon is a joke, especially at Costco where their farmed Atlantic's come from Chile.   Surely he must realize if he wants to harm BC salmon farmers by putting them out of business, he should be promoting buying these fish from other countries …

I admire Eddie’s passion for wild salmon and respect him for attending our river cleanups, but I think the fish he talks about would be better served if he used his energy trying to educate his fellow Sto-Lo people about conservation and over harvesting.

At least a few gulls will get lunch ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »

fyrslyer

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »

Lots of eco-friendly words and small talk about bears and wolves and trees from this Rant on the River, but nothing about how he or his groupies are actually saving wild salmon. Imo, he is as misguided as his Goddess, Alexandra Morton.   His protesting at stores that sell BC farmed salmon is a joke, especially at Costco where their farmed Atlantic's come from Chile.   Surely he must realize if he wants to harm BC salmon farmers by putting them out of business, he should be promoting buying these fish from other countries …

I admire Eddie’s passion for wild salmon and respect him for attending our river cleanups, but I think the fish he talks about would be better served if he used his energy trying to educate his fellow Sto-Lo people about conservation and over harvesting.

Well put, agreed.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »

I wish I would have got a picture of the Eagle that came down and picked it up, glad it was a wild fish. ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »

I wish I would have got a picture of the Eagle that came down and picked it up, glad it was a wild fish. ;D
How can you be sure it was not a pellet fed farmed hatchery fish Chris?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:24:03 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »

How can you be sure it was not a pellet fed farmed hatchery fish Chris?
I know what a FF Atlantic looks like as no wild fish looks like them. ;D ;D