Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cheeky reels  (Read 9834 times)

Daguru

Re: Cheeky reels
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 09:31:26 AM »

I don't think it's a defect a just how the reel is. Anyways don't have a receipt for it since it was a gift so I guess I'll just have to live with it. Recently picked up a sage 2200. Much better reel for 1/3 the price.

ajransom

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »

I don't think it's a defect a just how the reel is. Anyways don't have a receipt for it since it was a gift so I guess I'll just have to live with it. Recently picked up a sage 2200. Much better reel for 1/3 the price.

Still work sending it back if you can. You never know... Maybe they will stand by their product and look after their customers??? At that price point I would hope so...

Many fly fishing companies have very good customer service. Even without a receipt some will exchange or replace products (Echo for example).

Good luck.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »

I you are not happy you should at least email as Jason suggested or phone them and go from there. Often they'll be accommodating given it was a gift.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Daguru

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »

I'll shoot them an email over the weekend to see what they say. There was a review on http://www.yellowstoneangler.com/gear-review/2014-8weight-reel-shootout-nautilusnv-einarsson-galvan-tiboreverglades-hatch-ross-orvis-tfo375-tfobvk-hardy-danielsson-islander-abel-cheeky-loop-bauer-sage-lamsonreels.  They were having the same problem. It's nothing major, reel is still 100% functional I guess I was just expecting somthing better for the price

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

I cringe a little when I hear a reel that costs $400 described as cheap! ;D Still George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler shootout reviews are superb. Anglers with years of experience and who know what's on the market making reel to reel comparisons. It's not perfect as the price spread is pretty wide. Subjective stuff like the sound of the drag gets rated and built into the points. Don't get hung up on the rankings as even the reels at the low end of the scale have a decent point score
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.