Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where Tomorrow  (Read 3481 times)

Callibaetis

• Catch and Release
Where Tomorrow
« on: June 30, 2004, 02:32:18 PM »

I am for Sure going fishing early tomorrow morning somewhere but am not really sure where to start.  I was thinking of hitting the vedder but i hear there have not really been many fish in there so far.  

I was also thinking of going to the fraser but i do not have a boat and hear most of the bars are under water. ???  Maybe around Hope ???  I was thinking about bar fishing but could try the "other way" if it would be more productive with the high water and all.

Or I could go to the capilano and give that a try flyfishing or spin casting (break in my new medium-light fenwick spinning rod)  or pier fish i guess ???

any info/tips (fly or gear)

greatly appreciated,
chris 8)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 02:35:58 PM by Clouser »
The fun is in the catching, not the keeping

Alex015

Re:Where Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:36:23 PM »

i would stay away from cap until we get a nice nice nice nice rainfall, it's very low right now, but in a way it could be your best bet haha... im in the same kind of boat as you are.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 02:38:34 PM »

I think it would be incorrect to assume that there is not many fish in the Vedder. It's been closed for two months. How would anyone know how many fish is in the river if nobody fished it for two months ? As far as I know, DFO does not conduct a test fishery in the Vedder.

Callibaetis

• Catch and Release
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 02:45:44 PM »

Fish Assasin,

I was just basing my assumption on the reports i have heard from the trollers from the mouth of the vedder.
The fun is in the catching, not the keeping