Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vest Suggestions  (Read 10297 times)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: Vest Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »

Those Trophy XL ones are great and a lot stronger than the Vedder one. A friend of mine has ripped 2 of his Vedder vests in the last 5 or so years and my Trophy vest is still great.

obie1fish

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »

Thanks kenobi.

:) I'll look in to it.
No problem, Flytech. I have a Vedder vest too, and all of you are right....it's light and carries everything. Problem is, the so-called "everything" we speak of gets pretty heavy. I need less room in a pack, because if there's room, I'll fill it, no matter what my back says!  :o That being said, it holds more than my bud's Simms fanny pack, but not toooooo much.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »

I wish I could comment on the vests of today! Still using my Complete Angler Vest! After 20 years and a couple of minor repairs "new zippers and a minor patch job" from my mother in law. This vest is still going strong. I have a new one packed away for another day but afraid to bring it into operation! Way to much good karma in the old one that I use still.

Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

bald_seagull

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »

i was given a fishpond flint hills vest from a fishing buddy last xmas. after a year of use i find it to be perfect fits tons of gear but not too much.
i just switch out whatever i need depending on the days activities, the vest itself weighs very little and it has 2 watertight pockets   

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »

I wish I could comment on the vests of today! Still using my Complete Angler Vest! After 20 years and a couple of minor repairs "new zippers and a minor patch job" from my mother in law. This vest is still going strong. I have a new one packed away for another day but afraid to bring it into operation! Way to much good karma in the old one that I use still.

Those vest last a lifetime.

Silex-user

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

My first fishing vest was brought from Army&Navy back in 70's which has named "Pintail" still got it. The one I am still using is almost 25 years old and I got it from Fred's called "Steelheader"

Silex-user

islanddude

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »

I have a complete angler also. I haven't had to do any repairs to it. You can pack a couple of 15lbs coho in it no problem. My vest is a least  20yrs. old  and has been fished hard. Do they make these anymore?

VA7DDP

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 09:41:58 PM »

My personal favorite is the compac fishing vest. I think we sell it for ~$50

http://fishingandhuntingheaven.com/fishing/products/apparel/vests/compac-fishing-vest

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »

I have a complete angler also. I haven't had to do any repairs to it. You can pack a couple of 15lbs coho in it no problem. My vest is a least  20yrs. old  and has been fished hard. Do they make these anymore?

These vests haven't been made for a few years now due to cost for the material used. This is why I have a spare, but me thinks I won't have to use it. I won't sell it, just in case!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 07:40:36 AM »

My personal favorite is the compac fishing vest. I think we sell it for ~$50

http://fishingandhuntingheaven.com/fishing/products/apparel/vests/compac-fishing-vest

That's a nice looking vest for the price. Wish it had a PFD option. ;)