Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To The Guy Who Stole My Fish....  (Read 11597 times)

Old Blue

Re: To The Guy Who Stole My Fish....
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 05:04:22 AM »

Loads of minks on the Capilano, I've donated a few jacks to their starving bellies.

I had a marten patrolling the area I was fishing in the Gwaii C+R cutties and small bulls.  The splashes really excited him, but there was a native sockeye net in the river I was fishing and I'm sure he was getting his share of easier fish.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:06:35 AM by Old Blue »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »

Interesting that you openly admit to have killed more than the allowed limit. Shame - shame on you.

The mink disagrees with you sir!

Nope he is quote right. He killed 1 fish more than his limit. Interesting some can't figure that out or someone else calls him a rat for pointing this out. Likewise there's considerable doubt any one person stole the fish in the topic post. Of course pretty quick we'll all switch back to self righteously babbling about ethics.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:42:23 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Tenz85

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 08:21:52 AM »

How certain are you bonked it dead? I once saw someone think they bonked there salmon out and put it in a rock pool. Few mins later the fishes gills were flapping away and I could tell it was getting ready to flip flop to freedom.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »

Nope he is quote right. He killed 1 fish more than his limit. Interesting some can't figure that out or someone else calls him a rat for pointing this out. Likewise there's considerable doubt any one person stole the fish in the topic post. Of course pretty quick we'll all switch back to self righteously babbling about ethics.   ;D

Hey I said the mink disagrees,

Didnt say I do.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »

now don't try weaseling out of this, you've been caught in the coop with a hen by the neck!  ;D (jk)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »

Teach a man to steal a fish and you feed his friends for life.LOL
Riverman

PinFishin

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »

The fish was still there 2 hours after I killed it so I'm pretty positive it did not flip out after 2 hours of playing coy.

With that said I went to the same spot again and caught another chromie which I placed in my rock pool which was untouched from 2 days prior. Remarkably my fish once again did not flop out of the pool but this time I was more careful. I watched as person after person walked up to it, looked around as to if see who "owned" the fish. Each time I turned around to declare.

In the end, no minks, no weasels, no flopping fish. Just surprisingly "curious" people. The day was of great success anyways as we got into a bunch of fish and my friend who has until this point donated his money to fishing stores finally landed his first fish after ~15 outtings.

Tenz85

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »

I find it a bit nosey when people pop out of nowhere and peek at your fish. Not a problem if they look in while it's caught to see what it was caught on, but I see little benefit to peeking at an already caught fish.

Show me yours and I'll show you mine ;D

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »

I'd no more leave my wallet or my bicycle where I couldn't keep my eyes on it  know they were safe than I would a fish. Don't assume other anglers or other people on the river are all honest or will realize the fish wasn't just left there or whatever. It's basically asking to be robbed. Learn from it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:53:03 PM by RalphH »

riptide

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »

Or use a string line , your fish isn't swimming away and the thief has to at least untie your fish to steal it .
Fishing is not a matter of life or death ...it's more important than that

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »

Or use a string line , your fish isn't swimming away and the thief has to at least untie your fish to steal it .
Better tie it to you`re waders.  8)

PinFishin

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 10:45:05 PM »

I'd no more leave my wallet or my bicycle where I couldn't keep my eyes on it  know they were safe than I would a fish. Don't assume other anglers or other people on the river are all honest or will realize the fish wasn't just left there or whatever. It's basically asking to be robbed. Learn from it.

This is what I took away from it. I am new to the sport and feel like I am the rookie at the rivers. I'm constantly worried about ethics and not stepping on others toes. I just figured that this kinda thing doesn't happen unless it's sockeye season. Guess I was wrong. That's fine I have learned my lesson.

Chehalis_Steel

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »

I really think there's some people on the river that r just clepto. I've had a backpack and a net stolen this year. Both of them had really very little value to anyone so the joke's on the idiot who stole them. At least it made me extra careful and choose a less obvious spot to put my coho lol

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »

Around here its the bears who will come right behind you and steal your fresh kill.