Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To The Guy Who Stole My Fish....  (Read 11598 times)

PinFishin

To The Guy Who Stole My Fish....
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »

Nov 14. Stave River. The only Clean Doe to come out of the river all day in the rock pool I clearly built for it.

Come on man. Really? Who steals someone else's fish right from behind their back? You should be extremely ashamed of yourself if you read this. Although there is a high chance this individual does not read this forum.

For everyone else, a PSA. Watch your catch at the Stave (if you can get a clean fish whatsoever). Someone is stealing fish.

Ps. I thought about the possibility of an animal/it floating away and neither are possible. The rock pool was built well and the water level dropped over the day by about a foot. Animals big enough to carry a full fish away would have been noticed do to the amount of people present.

mzmann

Re: To The Guy Who Stole My Fish....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:06:22 PM »

I've had minks or similar other little weasels steal my fish a couple times now....its amazing sometimes the rock crevasses that they can hide/squeeze into or how fast they can dissapear with your fish, lol....just sayin  ;D
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

PinFishin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »

Ya I'm sure the 5 guys standing on the beach bottom bouncing beside my rock pool had nothing to do with it....

Although little Weasel would describe that well.

islanddude

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »

I was fishing on the Campbell River for pinks and had my last fish for my limit. When I went back to where my other fish were there was only 2.
 In my mind I thought, getting old and miss counted. Fish were plentifull so I went back to the run I was fishing and caught another. Came back and wouldn't you know it there was 2. Hmm.
 Moved my 3 fish closer to where I was fishing so I could keep an eye on them. Five mins. later who comes along, Mr. Mink the Thief. He didn't get any more from me that day.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »

I think someone stole Matt from the fishing guys coho or pink last summer.

PinFishin

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »

Wel the other reason I find it hard to believe that it was an animal was that there was hundreds of dead fish strewn all over the beach. I highly doubt an animal is going for the hard to get one in the river surrounded by rocks.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »

I was fishing on the Campbell River for pinks and had my last fish for my limit. When I went back to where my other fish were there was only 2.
 In my mind I thought, getting old and miss counted. Fish were plentifull so I went back to the run I was fishing and caught another. Came back and wouldn't you know it there was 2. Hmm.
 Moved my 3 fish closer to where I was fishing so I could keep an eye on them. Five mins. later who comes along, Mr. Mink the Thief. He didn't get any more from me that day.

Interesting that you openly admit to have killed more than the allowed limit. Shame - shame on you.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 06:01:12 PM »

Interesting that you openly admit to have killed more than the allowed limit. Shame - shame on you.

The mink disagrees with you sir!

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »

The mink disagrees with you sir!

Sounds more like a rat.

TheFishingLad

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 06:28:08 PM »

Sounds more like a rat.
Rats focus on silly stuff like this.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »

Rats focus on silly stuff like this.

;D Funny how you focussed in on this. Oh, this is too good.

lightsorcerer

• Leather Fly Fishing Wallets
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:56:54 PM by lightsorcerer »
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »

last year on the vedder the guy fishing next to me had 3 coho bonked and took them to his car and had lunch,he came back and bonked his 4th. about 30min later he went to clean it and it was gone. he started fishing again and got another one bonked it and dfo came and asked him how many he had, 3 in the car and 1 here he told them. they went to his car to see the 3  and gave him a ticket for bonking 5, they said they saw him bonk 2 at the river even though he only had the 1.

dobrolub

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 09:16:04 PM »

I had my fish tacked away in the rocks by a weasel on Capilano one day. I was fishing only 10 meters away and it still managed to stole my fish unnoticed.

KarateKick

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »