Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Colorado Blades  (Read 10028 times)

G-Ratt

Re: Colorado Blades
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »

The coho in the Cap should all be zombies by now, this might be why you're having mixed results. If that guy caught a fresh one, he was very lucky.

rustybee

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »

The coho in the Cap should all be zombies by now, this might be why you're having mixed results. If that guy caught a fresh one, he was very lucky.

+1. Although there are always late comers to the party.  ;D

Silver

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 09:39:37 PM »

Generally, how long do salmon stay bright in a river? I agree that few if any fresh Coho are coming into the Capilano. However, I have some thoughts? The Cap is a very small system with extreme water level fluctuations, many deep pools, and very cold water. Because of these factors, I theorize that some fish can come later, hold longer, and stay fresh longer.
The coho season apparently runs through December, so I feel that some fish may still be entering and holding throughout...just not in great numbers. And because, there is little pressure right now, I still think that chances are reasonably fair.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »

With low pressure and high water levels the place you could probably find some fish would be the Cable pool because it would take the fresh ones a day or two to make it up and they will rest in there for a few more days before going to the hatchery.