Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River, October 28th 2014  (Read 11762 times)

A Frayed Knot

Re: Chehalis River, October 28th 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 04:20:55 AM »

Nice fish guys!

Lotta butt hurt here it seems.

Here's something...maybe stop fishing on the weekends when the rest of the province probably has time off as well? Just be happy there is fish. Not everyone is gonna get a fish all the time whether it is crowded or not.

For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »

for the average angler this system is to much work, thats why i like it so much.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »

This I can agree on as well.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Sir Snag-A-Lot

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 10:23:07 AM »

I personally don't post very many reports but that's what this page is for!if people want to post a report about fishing conditions somewhere where is legal to fish that is their own business!

Nice fish!

sbc hris

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »

Uh oh. Someone posted a report about somewhere other than the Vedder. Quick, get the Kleenex... :P

I get a kick out of everyone who moans about it when someone posts about a system other than the Vedder. You're only drawing more attention to it and making people more curious.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »

Uh oh. Someone posted a report about somewhere other than the Vedder. Quick, get the Kleenex... :P

I get a kick out of everyone who moans about it when someone posts about a system other than the Vedder. You're only drawing more attention to it and making people more curious.

There is something for that...it's called Midol.

Rivers, the only time rivers probably haven't been crowded is well before our time anyway.

Drewhill

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »

There is something for that...it's called Midol.

Rivers, the only time rivers probably haven't been crowded is well before our time anyway.

Let's just put it this way, everyone is ok with it on the internet but in my years of fishing I've never come across anyone on the river that's said "Boy, I'm sure glad this spot is packed with people today."

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

I myself dont care sure some times I enjoy the privacy but if I really want solitude from people when fishing, I am not doing in local rivers like chehalis, vedder, harrison and fraser, thats like complaining about how vancouver is too busy.

What's our population like exactly right now in Vancouver BC? 2.1 or 2.2 million people? Gonna run in to the odd person that likes to fish I am sure. It's something you just have to get used too.

One way or another people are either going to hear about a place like Chehalis or find out from pro shop or online, seeing as there is more then one website to get that kinda info from and not all are gonna hold that information in the same black helicopter secrecy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:32:07 PM by A Frayed Knot »

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »

Nothing new that the Cheh starts to pick up with fishing pressure. Systems on the north side of the Fraser peak in November rather than October on the south side.

Dewdney slough up to the hatchery will start to pick up with pressure as well. This is only a good thing as there is more productive water to fish.

Enjoy it while you can as it will all be over soon - for this season.

Dryfly22

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »

Regardless. Its just ridiculous to me to feel the need to post that you caught x amount of fish at certain river at a certain time on the internet for everyone to see. You don't know who is a member and reading that particular post . Could be a guy who likes to bottom bounce and all his betty buddies. It's no secret that there are a lot of people that feel posting reports on the net is terrible for our sport. These forum's are great for many other things fishing related . Just not where and when . Personally i think they should do away with the report section all together.Out of principal. The best line I've heard a fishermen say is " I cant tell you but i can show you".Don't get me wrong i don't mind sharing the river with people. But guys that respect the river , respect the fish , and respect the sport. At least when you show someone a spot . You know who it is and what kind of a person they are.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »

Access to the fishing reports is limited to about 800 members actually, a good % of them are also old accounts which have been inactive for a long time.

If anyone is seriously concerned about fishing reports, you're welcome to have me removing your access to this section by adding you to the filter. Lets not be part of the problem, reduce access to fishing reports by starting with yourself! ;D

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »

Access to the fishing reports is limited to about 800 members actually, a good % of them are also old accounts which have been inactive for a long time.

If anyone is seriously concerned about fishing reports, you're welcome to have me removing your access to this section by adding you to the filter. Lets not be part of the problem, reduce access to fishing reports by starting with yourself! ;D

I'm confused Rod. If you are cool about fishing reports why was mine removed last year again? Gravel pit one.

Like yourself I put effort into my postings. That particular one involved a couple of hours of work at home on the computer editing pics/maps/info.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:07:41 PM by dennisK »

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »

I'm confused Rod. If you are cool about fishing reports why was mine removed last year again? Gravel pit one.

Like yourself I put effort into my postings. That particular one involved a couple of hours of work at home on the computer editing pics/maps/info.

You spent a couple of hours on a fishing report??!?  ???
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

islanddude

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »

The Chehalis river was crowded back in the  80's when I fished it. The run near the hatchery was bring you own rock. The Bible Camp run was so busy that I was catching coho under the guys lines that were casting to the other side of the thinking that the fish were there. After 2 fish they changed their minds. I moved on. We had word of mouth back then now we have the internet and youtube.
 I post the odd report but I wait a week to do so.
 I know the fuel is more expensive these days and population has been pumped up by the internet and youtube to go fishing and the ethics of the fishing people now adays is in the toilet.
 My favorite river to my horror was being fished by bottom bouncers. I gave them a piece of my mind. It was like water off a duck's back. These clowns were still fishing the same piece of water when I walked by with my two cohos. I was happy to see that they didn't come to fish.
 Maybe some one should develope a virus that will attack just fishing blogs, youtube vidoes and reports on river conditions, potential fish returns etc.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:24 PM »

If you are cool about fishing reports why was mine removed last year again?

Free yourself, dennisK. Put it in a bubble, and let it go.